Buyers to offer local businesses the chance to be a part of the £1.5bn A14 upgrade at special event
- Credit: Archant
Businesses are being invited to a ‘meet the buyers’ event to discover opportunities available to be a part of the A14 improvement scheme.
The government has committed up to £1.5 billion investment into the upgrading of 21 miles of the A14 between Cambridge and Huntingdon and is now looking to meet with small and medium size organisations (SMEs) from the county which can help deliver the project.
The A14 Integrated Delivery Team will be on hand at the event at Wood Green Animal Shelter on Thursday, January 12, to talk to those who believe they have the right skill set in their businesses.
The services needed are diverse with a wide range of opportunities available and the team is preparing to meet the best companies Cambridgeshire has to offer.
Attendance at a special event will be by invitation only, and you have until next Thursday (December 1) to register your interest and apply to be considered for a place.
Companies invited are expected to arrive at 9am for a 9.30am start, the day will finish by 2pm and include networking as well as the all important meet the buyer stage, along with lunch, guest stands and supply chain sustainability school taster sessions.
The A14 upgrade will include a major new bypass for Huntingdon, widening the A1 between Brampton and Alconbury, widening the existing A14 between Swavesey and Milton and improving the junctions at Bar Hill, Swavesey, Girton, Histon and Milton.
- 1 Opposition group to fight plans for new homes in their village
- 2 Outdoor inflatable water park returns to Huntingdonshire
- 3 Jail for man who boasted he was the St Ives 'weed man'
- 4 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 5 Woman has 'medical episode' during A1(M) crash
- 6 13-year-old helped to rescue distressed paddleboarders
- 7 Man fined £300 after being linked to fly-tipping
- 8 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 9 Thousands come together at RAF Wyton for Armed Forces Day
- 10 Civil war event in Huntingdon this weekend
There will also be improvements in Huntingdon town centre, including the demolition of the A14 viaduct and a new local access road.
The new bypass and widened A14 will open to traffic in 2020, although some finishing work such as the removal of the A14 viaduct in Huntingdon will continue beyond that.
To register your interest in the event go to: www.123contactform.com/form-2035856/A14-IDT-Supplier-Day.