Business networking group is set up to help mothers build contacts
- Credit: Archant
A woman who juggles running her own business and looking after two children has set up a networking group for mothers.
Monique Sveinsson, 41, launched the organisation Enterprising Mums for business woman across Huntingdonshire to come together once a month to share ideas and create contacts.
She said: “I wanted woman out there to realise that it is possible to run a successful company as a working mum and look after a family.”
Based in the Workstation, in Huntingdon Street, St Neots, it also provides each member, in a chosen meeting, with the opportunity to talk about their business for ten minutes.
“We met for the first time last month and we already have members from all walks of business including crafters, lawyers and mortgage advisers,” added Mrs Sveinsson.
You may also want to watch:
Mum to Sienna, six months, and Isabelle, four, she also runs the health and wellbeing company Dream Lifestyles Global.
“For me I work at home a lot of the time and I know a lot of other mums do so when I decided to start Enterprising Mums in St Neots it gave me a chance to socialise.”
- 1 Shops, homes and office space plan for town centre building
- 2 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 3 St Neots man banned from pubs for two years
- 4 St Neots care assistant Jack set to shine in BBC Three's Glow Up
- 5 Memories of St Neots' town centre
- 6 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 7 Ventriloquist shares career highlights after retiring in Huntingdon
- 8 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 9 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 10 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
The organisation also has groups in Sandy, Hitchin and Lancaster.
The group’s next meetings are on Thursday, March 3 and Thursday, April 14 from 10am-12pm.
INFO: Email email@example.com.