Business networking group is set up to help mothers build contacts
- Credit: Archant
A woman who juggles running her own business and looking after two children has set up a networking group for mothers.
Monique Sveinsson, 41, launched the organisation Enterprising Mums for business woman across Huntingdonshire to come together once a month to share ideas and create contacts.
She said: “I wanted woman out there to realise that it is possible to run a successful company as a working mum and look after a family.”
Based in the Workstation, in Huntingdon Street, St Neots, it also provides each member, in a chosen meeting, with the opportunity to talk about their business for ten minutes.
“We met for the first time last month and we already have members from all walks of business including crafters, lawyers and mortgage advisers,” added Mrs Sveinsson.
You may also want to watch:
Mum to Sienna, six months, and Isabelle, four, she also runs the health and wellbeing company Dream Lifestyles Global.
“For me I work at home a lot of the time and I know a lot of other mums do so when I decided to start Enterprising Mums in St Neots it gave me a chance to socialise.”
- 1 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 2 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 3 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 4 The changing face of forests and woods in Huntingdonshire
- 5 'We want to help our market towns' - Funding plans extended due to pandemic
- 6 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 7 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 8 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 9 Royal Oak in Hail Weston named as the best pub in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
The organisation also has groups in Sandy, Hitchin and Lancaster.
The group’s next meetings are on Thursday, March 3 and Thursday, April 14 from 10am-12pm.
INFO: Email firstname.lastname@example.org.