Business networking group is set up to help mothers build contacts
- Credit: Archant
A woman who juggles running her own business and looking after two children has set up a networking group for mothers.
Monique Sveinsson, 41, launched the organisation Enterprising Mums for business woman across Huntingdonshire to come together once a month to share ideas and create contacts.
She said: “I wanted woman out there to realise that it is possible to run a successful company as a working mum and look after a family.”
Based in the Workstation, in Huntingdon Street, St Neots, it also provides each member, in a chosen meeting, with the opportunity to talk about their business for ten minutes.
“We met for the first time last month and we already have members from all walks of business including crafters, lawyers and mortgage advisers,” added Mrs Sveinsson.
Mum to Sienna, six months, and Isabelle, four, she also runs the health and wellbeing company Dream Lifestyles Global.
“For me I work at home a lot of the time and I know a lot of other mums do so when I decided to start Enterprising Mums in St Neots it gave me a chance to socialise.”
- 1 Eight Huntingdon children handed anti-social behaviour interventions
- 2 Suspected case of bird flu in swan reported to DEFRA
- 3 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 4 New homes plan for Huntingdonshire village
- 5 Beagle puppies freed at MBR Acres after second day of action
- 6 Police check home of 101-year-old animal rights patron for stolen beagles
- 7 Two lorries crashed on A14 near Spaldwick
- 8 Part of The Busway set for weekend closure with diversions near St Ives
- 9 Meet the Sassy Lassies cycling group encouraging women in Huntingdonshire to ride
- 10 Life sentence confirmed for Rikki Neave murderer
The organisation also has groups in Sandy, Hitchin and Lancaster.
The group’s next meetings are on Thursday, March 3 and Thursday, April 14 from 10am-12pm.
INFO: Email email@example.com.