Bus operators need to look at demand
THANKS very much for highlighting the situation with bus services in this part of the county. I have been pointing out for some time that it is impossible for people who work to use the local bus services if they do not run at appropriate times. In Kimbo
THANKS very much for highlighting the situation with bus services in this part of the county. I have been pointing out for some time that it is impossible for people who work to use the local bus services if they do not run at appropriate times.
In Kimbolton, we have the 152 that runs from Bedford to St Neots but the first pick up time is 10.15am. There are earlier services but they do not stop. There is already a direct Stagecoach service (the X5) that runs from Bedford to St Neots every half-hour, so this is duplication. It is impossible for people in Kimbolton to get into St Neots (our nearest main town) during peak times.
I agree that the timetabling and bus signs are poor. The 152 picks up outside the post office but there is no sign there and the only timetable is on the village notice board across the road. The bus service is not advertised in any of the local village publications.
At £3.80, Kimbolton to St Neots return is also quite expensive.
You may also want to watch:
I would use the bus service more frequently if it ran at appropriate times and agree that operators need to take account of the demand from users.
- 1 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 2 Fundraising day at St Neots pub
- 3 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 4 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 5 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 6 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 7 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 8 The changing face of forests and woods in Huntingdonshire
- 9 Huntingdon care home company scoops award in region's top 20
- 10 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online