Bus operators need to look at demand
THANKS very much for highlighting the situation with bus services in this part of the county. I have been pointing out for some time that it is impossible for people who work to use the local bus services if they do not run at appropriate times. In Kimbo
THANKS very much for highlighting the situation with bus services in this part of the county. I have been pointing out for some time that it is impossible for people who work to use the local bus services if they do not run at appropriate times.
In Kimbolton, we have the 152 that runs from Bedford to St Neots but the first pick up time is 10.15am. There are earlier services but they do not stop. There is already a direct Stagecoach service (the X5) that runs from Bedford to St Neots every half-hour, so this is duplication. It is impossible for people in Kimbolton to get into St Neots (our nearest main town) during peak times.
I agree that the timetabling and bus signs are poor. The 152 picks up outside the post office but there is no sign there and the only timetable is on the village notice board across the road. The bus service is not advertised in any of the local village publications.
At £3.80, Kimbolton to St Neots return is also quite expensive.
You may also want to watch:
I would use the bus service more frequently if it ran at appropriate times and agree that operators need to take account of the demand from users.
- 1 Slepe Hall Hotel in St Ives has new owners
- 2 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct
- 3 Mother pleads for housing 'electrical checks' after losing children in fire
- 4 Men who threatened shop workers with an axe are jailed
- 5 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 6 Cambs police officer saves life of man who overdosed in park
- 7 St Neots East seat announced after nail-biting three recounts
- 8 Who is in the running for police and crime commissioner in Cambs
- 9 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 10 Pretty town with lots of independent shops