Bury: Children present their giant sculpture
BIG ED: A series of giants heads, designed and created by Cambridgeshire children, were unveiled last week at sites across the county. The sculptures are located at each of Cambridgeshire County Council s outdoor education centres - Grafham Water Cen
BIG 'ED: A series of giants' heads, designed and created by Cambridgeshire children, were unveiled last week at sites across the county.
The sculptures are located at each of Cambridgeshire County Council's outdoor education centres - Grafham Water Centre, Burwell House and Stibbington Centre.
Children were asked for artwork on the theme of outdoor learning opportunities and their ideas were then turned into sculptures made of bricks and concrete by artist David Swinton.
Youngsters from Bury Primary School helped create the giants' head at Burwell House. It is named Ed after the builder of Burwell House, Edward Ball.
You may also want to watch:
At the Grafham Water centre, staff worked with Mr Swinton to create a piece of work that reflects the experiences gained by youngsters who use Grafham Water.
The sculpture, called Awakening,, is said to show a sleeping giant that is waking up to the possibilities at the centre.
- 1 St Neots man banned from pubs for two years
- 2 Man who died in road crash is named
- 3 Shops, homes and office space plan for town centre building
- 4 Brampton Post Office customers say fond farewell to postmaster
- 5 Organic Hunts beauty company Bossy Glossy gets celebrity support
- 6 Fish and Chip shop wins award
- 7 St Neots care assistant Jack set to shine in BBC Three's Glow Up
- 8 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 9 Ventriloquist shares career highlights after retiring in Huntingdon
- 10 Memories of St Neots' town centre
The project was funded by the county council to promote arts and culture in Cambridgeshire.
Our picture shows Bury Primary School pupils at Burwell House with the giants' head they helped design. Pictured at the back is headteacher Peter Allen, James Dawkins, Councillor John Powley and David Swinton.