Bursary sounds just great
SCHOOLS in Huntingdonshire are being invited to showcase their brightest musicians in a bid to win a £500 bursary. Huntingdon Male Voice Choir is offering its annual music bursary for 2007, supported by the Marriott Hotel in Huntingdon. Youngsters are i
SCHOOLS in Huntingdonshire are being invited to showcase their brightest musicians in a bid to win a £500 bursary.
Huntingdon Male Voice Choir is offering its annual music bursary for 2007, supported by the Marriott Hotel in Huntingdon.
Youngsters are invited to fill in an application form and compete in auditions later this year to decide the winner.
Entrants need to be in full-time education and should have achieved Grade 6 in the instrument of their choice. Choral students are also welcome to enter.
Bursary officer David Robinson said: "During this period that we have been sponsoring and promoting this bursary we have had the chance to be associated with a wonderful collection of young musicians. Hearing them performing with the choir in concert and the audience responding to them is brilliant."
In addition to the cash prize, the winner of the bursary will also be invited to perform at future events with Huntingdon Male Voice Choir.
- 1 Charming 'cakery' selling sweet treats opens in Ramsey
- 2 New bridal shop is childhood dream for Michelle
- 3 Motion passed to send letter to Michael Gove after objections to incinerator plan
- 4 Community help plant new trees in St Neots park
- 5 Lack of NHS dentists see people resorting to 'Victorian' teeth pulling
- 6 Covid-19 'virtual ward' will help patients recover at home
- 7 Home of the week: Updated Victorian semi-detached house with garden for sale in St Neots
- 8 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 9 Petition calls on county council to reject waste incinerator
- 10 Trainee chef reaches finals of national competition
INFORMATION: For full details or an application form you should contact David Robinson on 01480 891293 or you can e-mail email@example.com