Bursary sounds just great
SCHOOLS in Huntingdonshire are being invited to showcase their brightest musicians in a bid to win a £500 bursary. Huntingdon Male Voice Choir is offering its annual music bursary for 2007, supported by the Marriott Hotel in Huntingdon. Youngsters are i
SCHOOLS in Huntingdonshire are being invited to showcase their brightest musicians in a bid to win a £500 bursary.
Huntingdon Male Voice Choir is offering its annual music bursary for 2007, supported by the Marriott Hotel in Huntingdon.
Youngsters are invited to fill in an application form and compete in auditions later this year to decide the winner.
Entrants need to be in full-time education and should have achieved Grade 6 in the instrument of their choice. Choral students are also welcome to enter.
You may also want to watch:
Bursary officer David Robinson said: "During this period that we have been sponsoring and promoting this bursary we have had the chance to be associated with a wonderful collection of young musicians. Hearing them performing with the choir in concert and the audience responding to them is brilliant."
In addition to the cash prize, the winner of the bursary will also be invited to perform at future events with Huntingdon Male Voice Choir.
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 Drug dealer who 'exploited vulnerable people' linked to 101 wraps of cocaine
- 3 Man in his 80s dies in fatal Buckden Road crash at Brampton
- 4 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 5 Fundraisers hit £400,000 milestone after month of charity challenges
- 6 Wanted woman accused of killing children in M1 crash could be in Huntingdon
- 7 Concerns over planned travel hub at railway station
- 8 Computing pioneer Sir Clive Sinclair who had links to St Ives dies aged 81
- 9 Spuds in a bucket competition at the gardening club
- 10 Police find string of ponies in middle of Cambridgeshire road
INFORMATION: For full details or an application form you should contact David Robinson on 01480 891293 or you can e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org