Burglars selling goods to victims' neighbours
THIEVES are breaking into homes in Oxmoor and then selling the stolen goods to people living nearby. Cambridgeshire police believe the items stolen during a number of burglaries over the past few months are being sold on to people living just streets away
THIEVES are breaking into homes in Oxmoor and then selling the stolen goods to people living nearby.
Cambridgeshire police believe the items stolen during a number of burglaries over the past few months are being sold on to people living just streets away from the crime scenes.
Pc Karen Smith said:"If you are approached by someone on the street selling items you suspect may be stolen, please contact police."
The burglaries have taken place in May and July at Thongsley, Tennyson Close and Sandwich Close.
Items stolen include wines and spirits, DVDs, CDs, a television. antique rings, gold necklaces, watches, a mobile phone, a mini disc player, a motorbike, a mountain bike, and a BMX.
Pc Smith added: "If you have bought any items like those described, please bring them to Huntingdon police station so we can find out if they were stolen.
- 1 Police called to reports of violence in Huntingdon
- 2 Planning proposal for a new café to be reviewed by St Neots Town Council
- 3 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 4 Police officer speaks out after violent assault left bleed on brain
- 5 Ramsey students crowned winners in science competition
- 6 Home of the Week
- 7 Family pay tribute to 'hard worker' father killed in A14 crash
- 8 Lack of dentists in Cambridgeshire sees people pulling their own teeth
- 9 No water relief for depleted rivers and reservoirs with another heatwave forecast
- 10 Dancers Jive, tango and have fun at the Illumination Dance Masquerade Ball
"We know that residents may have purchased something completely innocently, but we need all the information we can get."
INFORMATION: Contact Pc Smith on 0845 4564564.