Burglars selling goods to victims' neighbours
THIEVES are breaking into homes in Oxmoor and then selling the stolen goods to people living nearby. Cambridgeshire police believe the items stolen during a number of burglaries over the past few months are being sold on to people living just streets away
THIEVES are breaking into homes in Oxmoor and then selling the stolen goods to people living nearby.
Cambridgeshire police believe the items stolen during a number of burglaries over the past few months are being sold on to people living just streets away from the crime scenes.
Pc Karen Smith said:"If you are approached by someone on the street selling items you suspect may be stolen, please contact police."
The burglaries have taken place in May and July at Thongsley, Tennyson Close and Sandwich Close.
You may also want to watch:
Items stolen include wines and spirits, DVDs, CDs, a television. antique rings, gold necklaces, watches, a mobile phone, a mini disc player, a motorbike, a mountain bike, and a BMX.
Pc Smith added: "If you have bought any items like those described, please bring them to Huntingdon police station so we can find out if they were stolen.
- 1 Matt Hancock at Hinchingbrooke Hospital today
- 2 Read about the interesting history of the village of Broughton
- 3 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 4 Man dies following collision near Bluntisham
- 5 Check out some of Huntingdonshire's fascinating history
- 6 Broughton - litter-picking, bell cleaning and great community spirit
- 7 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 8 New trophies to celebrate achievement at St Neots school
- 9 A fund has been set up in memory of Nathan Cowell
- 10 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
"We know that residents may have purchased something completely innocently, but we need all the information we can get."
INFORMATION: Contact Pc Smith on 0845 4564564.