FREE advice on how to look after your pet rabbit will be on offer at Cromwells Veterinary Clinic, in Huntingdon, as part of National Rabbit Week from January 22 to 26. A free rabbit MOT is being offered by Cromwells, where veterinary nurses will offer a
FREE advice on how to look after your pet rabbit will be on offer at Cromwells Veterinary Clinic, in Huntingdon, as part of National Rabbit Week from January 22 to 26.
A free "rabbit MOT" is being offered by Cromwells, where veterinary nurses will offer advice on feeding, housing and general rabbit care.
They will check the pet's eyes, skin and fur, feet and claws for signs of good health and advise on the best nutrition.
Student veterinary nurse Leanne Wright said: "We will give advice on diet and digestion - about 80 per cent of pet rabbits are fed incorrectly.
You may also want to watch:
"Their diet needs to mimic the diet in nature and include hay and vegetables so they get all the fibre and nutrition they need."
National Rabbit Week is run by Burgess Supa Foods, the Rabbit Welfare Association, the Rabbit Welfare Fund, the British Rabbit Council and Intervet UK.
- 1 Huntingdon drug dealer jailed after police find messages on his phone
- 2 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 3 Not one, but possibly two viaducts for St Neots!
- 4 Metro is off the cards says new mayor Dr Nik Johnson
- 5 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 6 Police warning after spate of thefts from cars in Warboys
- 7 Solar farm plan will have no impact on 'light, noise or smell'
- 8 Tickets on sale now for this summer's Shakespeare at the George
- 9 Slepe Hall Hotel in St Ives has new owners
- 10 Mother pleads for housing 'electrical checks' after losing children in fire
INFORMATION: Cromwells Veterinary Surgery, off Huntingdon ring road, near the police station, is open 9am-8pm, Monday to Friday, and 9am-noon on Saturdays. To book a free rabbit MOT call 01480 52601.