FREE advice on how to look after your pet rabbit will be on offer at Cromwells Veterinary Clinic, in Huntingdon, as part of National Rabbit Week from January 22 to 26. A free rabbit MOT is being offered by Cromwells, where veterinary nurses will offer a
FREE advice on how to look after your pet rabbit will be on offer at Cromwells Veterinary Clinic, in Huntingdon, as part of National Rabbit Week from January 22 to 26.
A free "rabbit MOT" is being offered by Cromwells, where veterinary nurses will offer advice on feeding, housing and general rabbit care.
They will check the pet's eyes, skin and fur, feet and claws for signs of good health and advise on the best nutrition.
Student veterinary nurse Leanne Wright said: "We will give advice on diet and digestion - about 80 per cent of pet rabbits are fed incorrectly.
You may also want to watch:
"Their diet needs to mimic the diet in nature and include hay and vegetables so they get all the fibre and nutrition they need."
National Rabbit Week is run by Burgess Supa Foods, the Rabbit Welfare Association, the Rabbit Welfare Fund, the British Rabbit Council and Intervet UK.
- 1 Man in his 80s dies in fatal Buckden Road crash at Brampton
- 2 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 3 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 4 Police find string of ponies in middle of Cambridgeshire road
- 5 Wanted woman accused of killing children in M1 crash could be in Huntingdon
- 6 Concerns over planned travel hub at railway station
- 7 Freed from custody, animal rights campaigner back at Camp Beagle
- 8 Co-op grocery delivery robots are coming to Cambridgeshire
- 9 446 catalytic converter thefts in just 8 months reported in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
INFORMATION: Cromwells Veterinary Surgery, off Huntingdon ring road, near the police station, is open 9am-8pm, Monday to Friday, and 9am-noon on Saturdays. To book a free rabbit MOT call 01480 52601.