FREE advice on how to look after your pet rabbit will be on offer at Cromwells Veterinary Clinic, in Huntingdon, as part of National Rabbit Week from January 22 to 26. A free rabbit MOT is being offered by Cromwells, where veterinary nurses will offer a
FREE advice on how to look after your pet rabbit will be on offer at Cromwells Veterinary Clinic, in Huntingdon, as part of National Rabbit Week from January 22 to 26.
A free "rabbit MOT" is being offered by Cromwells, where veterinary nurses will offer advice on feeding, housing and general rabbit care.
They will check the pet's eyes, skin and fur, feet and claws for signs of good health and advise on the best nutrition.
Student veterinary nurse Leanne Wright said: "We will give advice on diet and digestion - about 80 per cent of pet rabbits are fed incorrectly.
"Their diet needs to mimic the diet in nature and include hay and vegetables so they get all the fibre and nutrition they need."
National Rabbit Week is run by Burgess Supa Foods, the Rabbit Welfare Association, the Rabbit Welfare Fund, the British Rabbit Council and Intervet UK.
- 1 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 2 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 3 Man who died on A1 at Sawtry is named
- 4 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 5 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 6 See the average house price for Cambridgeshire's 'top' villages
- 7 Jail for man who threatened to kill former girlfriend
- 8 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 9 Huntingdon bookshop gets share of £2m online profits
- 10 Appeal for dashcam footage following three lorry crash on the A14
INFORMATION: Cromwells Veterinary Surgery, off Huntingdon ring road, near the police station, is open 9am-8pm, Monday to Friday, and 9am-noon on Saturdays. To book a free rabbit MOT call 01480 52601.