Buckden flasher put on sex register
A CAR salesman would stop off on his 120-mile commute to indecently expose himself to elderly women in Buckden. Grimsby man Robert Bellamy, 51, carried out four separate attacks from behind the wheel of his Mercedes, magistrates at Huntingdon heard on
A CAR salesman would stop off on his 120-mile commute to indecently expose himself to elderly women in Buckden.
Grimsby man Robert Bellamy, 51, carried out four separate attacks from behind the wheel of his Mercedes, magistrates at Huntingdon heard on Wednesday.
Prosecutor Tracey Bellingham told the court how Bellamy would stop to ask for directions from elderly women before exposing himself to them.
Bellamy, who works in logistics control at a Mercedes car show room in Bedford, admitted two exposures in Buckden High Street and another two in Church Street.
One of the women involved rushed to the butcher's shop in the village to report the crime, the court was told.
The incidents took place three times last year, on September 29, October 1 and October 18 and once again in 2008 on February 5.
- 1 Evidence of Huntingdon's past revealed during excavations
- 2 BID's new Huntingdon town manager
- 3 Bypass and junction improvements preferred plan for St Ives
- 4 Camp Beagle protestor has charges against him dropped
- 5 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 6 St Neots man in court on drugs charges
- 7 Plumbing ringleader who ‘traded under multiple names’ jailed
- 8 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 9 Anglian Water seeks funding to secure the future of an ancient Sea Monster
- 10 Former Wisbech mayor Aigars Balsevics charged with rape
It is thought Bellamy would stop off on his way to or from work - a 240-mile round trip - to carry out the exposures.
Bellamy, of Coniston Crescent, Grimsby, will return to court on May 7 for sentence and may be ordered to sign the sex offender's register.
nA flasher struck at Portholme, Godmanchester, at about 2.30pm on Wednesday, April 9. A middle-aged man exposed himself to a woman, who hurried away.