Buckden flasher put on sex register
A CAR salesman would stop off on his 120-mile commute to indecently expose himself to elderly women in Buckden. Grimsby man Robert Bellamy, 51, carried out four separate attacks from behind the wheel of his Mercedes, magistrates at Huntingdon heard on
A CAR salesman would stop off on his 120-mile commute to indecently expose himself to elderly women in Buckden.
Grimsby man Robert Bellamy, 51, carried out four separate attacks from behind the wheel of his Mercedes, magistrates at Huntingdon heard on Wednesday.
Prosecutor Tracey Bellingham told the court how Bellamy would stop to ask for directions from elderly women before exposing himself to them.
Bellamy, who works in logistics control at a Mercedes car show room in Bedford, admitted two exposures in Buckden High Street and another two in Church Street.
You may also want to watch:
One of the women involved rushed to the butcher's shop in the village to report the crime, the court was told.
The incidents took place three times last year, on September 29, October 1 and October 18 and once again in 2008 on February 5.
- 1 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 2 ‘The most glamorous christening the vicar had ever seen!’
- 3 Man in his 80s dies in fatal Buckden Road crash at Brampton
- 4 Concerns over planned travel hub at railway station
- 5 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 6 Drug dealer who 'exploited vulnerable people' linked to 101 wraps of cocaine
- 7 Awards for firm celebrating 10th anniversary
- 8 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 9 Police find string of ponies in middle of Cambridgeshire road
- 10 Computing pioneer Sir Clive Sinclair who had links to St Ives dies aged 81
It is thought Bellamy would stop off on his way to or from work - a 240-mile round trip - to carry out the exposures.
Bellamy, of Coniston Crescent, Grimsby, will return to court on May 7 for sentence and may be ordered to sign the sex offender's register.
nA flasher struck at Portholme, Godmanchester, at about 2.30pm on Wednesday, April 9. A middle-aged man exposed himself to a woman, who hurried away.