I OFFER my thanks to the committee members of Action Corn Exchange. Had they not intervened, I feel sure that St Ives Town Council would, against the wishes of the local inhabitants, have sold this building. Now, with the intervention of local businessman
I OFFER my thanks to the committee members of Action Corn Exchange. Had they not intervened, I feel sure that St Ives Town Council would, against the wishes of the local inhabitants, have sold this building.
Now, with the intervention of local businessman Michael Purchas, the future looks brighter. His presentation to the council was most impressive.
The meeting was attended by a large number of people, and I would like to suggest that the council speculate on purchasing some microphones - I sat three rows from the councillors and heard very little of what was said.
Thankfully, Mr Purchas had the presence of mind to use a microphone during his presentation.
You may also want to watch:
He, also, should be given a vote of thanks for the work he has done to preserve the building.
PETER G TOWNSEND, Ramsey Road, St Ives
- 1 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 2 Delicious dessert shop 'Snik Snax' opens
- 3 Warning to Huntingdon residents about the legal use of e-scooters
- 4 Huntingdon dealer who stole from vulnerable man is jailed
- 5 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 6 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 7 Royal Oak in Hail Weston named as the best pub in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 9 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 10 Huntingdon man found with stash of drugs and cash is jailed