Bright start to A428 campaign
- Credit: Archant
A campaign to improve the A428 between Caxton Gibbet and the A1 at St Neots has got off to a good start, according to Jonathan Djanogly.
The MP, backed by The Hunts Post, has urged people to sign a petition and show their support for urgent measures to ease traffic congestion on the busy route.
He said he needed as many signatures as possible to make transport chiefs sit up and take notice of how serious the problem was. “We’ve had nearly 300 people sign so far, so it’s a good start but we need more.
“I think it’s touching a chord,” he added.
Mr Djanogly said he had received letters and emails unanimously backing the campaign, which started last week.
You may also want to watch:
His efforts were backed by Cambridgeshire County Council leader Councillor Martin Curtis who expressed the need to set up an alliance to lobby Whitehall on the matter.
“The position of the county council is promising,” said Mr Djanogly. “It really seems it has become aware of the A428 issue in a way it wasn’t before.”
- 1 Seven arrested after £70k-worth of bicycles stolen
- 2 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 3 Fundraising day at St Neots pub
- 4 Village job club providing vital service
- 5 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 6 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 7 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 8 New programme of events for Commemoration Hall
- 9 Benefits cut will leave Hunts families 'in debt', warns charity
- 10 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
The online petition simply seeks support for an improved A428, rather than prescribing how the problem should be solved.
INFORMATION: Show your support by signing the petition at www.surveymonkey.com/s/a428campaign