Bridge House pub reopens
A ST Neots pub has reopened four months after a fire swept through the building causing £100,000 worth of damage. About 15 members of staff at the Bridge House in the Market Place worked hard to reopen the pub after the fire. Member of staff Mark Cannal
A ST Neots pub has reopened four months after a fire swept through the building causing £100,000 worth of damage.
About 15 members of staff at the Bridge House in the Market Place worked hard to reopen the pub after the fire.
Member of staff Mark Cannalella said the refurbishment had been hard work but it had been worth it. He said: "We had to do cementing and all sorts that I have added to my cv. It was really hard work but it looks great now."
The pub had been closed for refurbishment when a fire destroyed much of the underneath of the building and spread to the restaurant.
You may also want to watch:
Now the building has a new bar and restaurant as well as an outside seating area for 130.
INFORMATION: The blaze is still being investigated by police and anyone with information should phone 0845 4564564 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
- 1 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 2 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 3 St Neots East seat announced after nail-biting three recounts
- 4 Mother pleads for housing 'electrical checks' after losing children in fire
- 5 Clifford Thomas is the new mayor of Godmanchester
- 6 Slepe Hall Hotel in St Ives has new owners
- 7 Pretty town with lots of independent shops
- 8 Who is in the running for police and crime commissioner in Cambs
- 9 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct
- 10 Men who threatened shop workers with an axe are jailed