Bridge House pub reopens
A ST Neots pub has reopened four months after a fire swept through the building causing £100,000 worth of damage. About 15 members of staff at the Bridge House in the Market Place worked hard to reopen the pub after the fire. Member of staff Mark Cannal
A ST Neots pub has reopened four months after a fire swept through the building causing £100,000 worth of damage.
About 15 members of staff at the Bridge House in the Market Place worked hard to reopen the pub after the fire.
Member of staff Mark Cannalella said the refurbishment had been hard work but it had been worth it. He said: "We had to do cementing and all sorts that I have added to my cv. It was really hard work but it looks great now."
The pub had been closed for refurbishment when a fire destroyed much of the underneath of the building and spread to the restaurant.
Now the building has a new bar and restaurant as well as an outside seating area for 130.
INFORMATION: The blaze is still being investigated by police and anyone with information should phone 0845 4564564 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
- 1 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 Karl Brockett writes about the history of St Ives
- 4 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 5 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 6 Hinchingbrooke Hospital get share of £4.5m to 'improve care'
- 7 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 8 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 9 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 10 Huge spike in safety complaints due to 'bedroom sellers' during pandemic