Boy is shot in the arm by BB gun
A TEENAGE boy was shot on the arm by a bullet from a BB gun when he was leaving his friend s house in St Ives. As the 13-year-old boy left a property in Witham Close on Friday May 12 at 4.30pm he saw two boys letting down the tyres on his bike. When he a
A TEENAGE boy was shot on the arm by a bullet from a BB gun when he was leaving his friend's house in St Ives.
As the 13-year-old boy left a property in Witham Close on Friday May 12 at 4.30pm he saw two boys letting down the tyres on his bike. When he asked them what they were doing, one of the boys shot at him with what has been described as a pistol- like ball bearing gun. The pellet hit the boy's arm, breaking the skin. The two boys then ran off towards the Wheatfield School area.
The boy believed to have fired the gun is described as white, aged between 10 and 11, five foot six inches, with black hair and tanned skin.
Following the incident St Ives police have issued a warning to air rifle and BB gun owners in the town urging them to use their weapons responsibly or face prosecution.
You may also want to watch:
Pc Liz Eldered-Martos said: "This was a potentially dangerous incident which could have left someone seriously injured. Offences involving air weapons are taken very seriously by police and will be dealt with robustly."
INFORMATION: Anyone with information should contact St Ives police on 0845 4564564.
- 1 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 2 Fundraising day at St Neots pub
- 3 Seven arrested after £70k-worth of bicycles stolen
- 4 Village job club providing vital service
- 5 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 6 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 7 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 8 New programme of events for Commemoration Hall
- 9 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 10 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls