Bollards solved St Neots joyride menace
WE live in Topham Court in St Neots, opposite Priory Park, which is separated by a green from Chamberlain Way, with a footpath running through joining the two dead-end roads. This footpath is also the access to a children s play area and a route for child
WE live in Topham Court in St Neots, opposite Priory Park, which is separated by a green from Chamberlain Way, with a footpath running through joining the two dead-end roads. This footpath is also the access to a children's play area and a route for children on their way to and from school.
Last September, my wife noticed headlights moving on The Green from our bedroom late at night. We awoke to find tyre tracks, suggesting that a vehicle had taken a shortcut through.
The following night, a further vehicle appears to have gone through, causing a noise disturbance to our neighbours. This was reported by them to the police, who attended. My wife contacted Huntingdonshire District Council the next morning.
We have maintained a log and I have photographed several of the incidents showing tyre tracks.
There were others taking a short cut, but with frozen ground not all were particularly marked. There were also incidents of "joy riders". I attach an example of typical damage. All incidents have taken place at night.
Since we didn't seem to be getting far with actions to prevent these transgressions, I contacted our local town councillor, Alan Cummings.
- 1 Air Ambulance is called to serious crash on London Road in St Ives
- 2 Elderly woman dies in serious crash on London Road in St Ives
- 3 Young man dies on B645 near St Neots following a head-on crash
- 4 House set alight in Brampton
- 5 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 6 Tributes for Godmanchester mum Lisa Leader who passed away on Friday
- 7 Businesswoman who launched popular St Ives shop has died
- 8 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 9 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 10 Sawtry homes plan is approved
As we requested last September, we now have two low-cost demountable, lockable bollards. No further incidents have occurred.
On behalf of all the local residents may I thank Alan for his support in resolving this situation