Bobster is our Pet of the Year
YES! It s official. Black cats are lucky. The winner of The Hunts Post Pet of the Year is a black cat called Bobster. The feline owned by Deborah and Paul Davenport from Cambourne won the contest with 140 votes – and was way out ahead of all its rivals.
YES! It's official. Black cats are lucky. The winner of The Hunts Post Pet of the Year is a black cat called Bobster.
The feline owned by Deborah and Paul Davenport from Cambourne won the contest with 140 votes - and was way out ahead of all its rivals.
Bobster, aged four this month, beat his 100 rivals for the title and will now have a professional portrait taken of him by Constable Photography in St Neots.
Deborah said: "We are delighted that he won. He is a lovely cat, very friendly and very cuddly, he loves to be with people.
You may also want to watch:
"We told all our friends that he was entering the competition, so they must have voted for him. We have had him since he was three months old. He is a rescued cat from the RSPCA."
Runner-up in the contest is Tessa, a Whippet and Labrador cross, aged 11, from Ramsey. Delighted owner, Emma Tipton said: "She is lovely, we got her from the RSPCA aged six months - we love her and she is spoilt!"
- 1 Dismay and concern over plans to build 36-foot railway viaduct
- 2 Burglary tip-off unearths £1.38m cannabis 'factory'
- 3 Who is in the running for police and crime commissioner in Cambs
- 4 Family-run business with expanding reputation
- 5 Election Special: Who's standing where in Huntingdonshire
- 6 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 7 'Keeping things simple' is key to business success for St Neots firm
- 8 St Neots has elected its new mayor and deputy mayor
- 9 For sale: Carefully crafted, new build homes with generous plots in rural village of Clopton
- 10 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House
Tessa's family win a £20 voucher to spend at Pet Leaders in Ramsey.
The Pet of the Year contest was run in The Hunts Post in July. As well as cats and dogs, the entrants included an iguana called Iggy, a guinea pig called Evil Edna, another called Mavis Cruet, a chicken called Lucy, a rabbit called Fudge and a horse called Sonny.