Bobster is our Pet of the Year
YES! It s official. Black cats are lucky. The winner of The Hunts Post Pet of the Year is a black cat called Bobster. The feline owned by Deborah and Paul Davenport from Cambourne won the contest with 140 votes – and was way out ahead of all its rivals.
YES! It's official. Black cats are lucky. The winner of The Hunts Post Pet of the Year is a black cat called Bobster.
The feline owned by Deborah and Paul Davenport from Cambourne won the contest with 140 votes - and was way out ahead of all its rivals.
Bobster, aged four this month, beat his 100 rivals for the title and will now have a professional portrait taken of him by Constable Photography in St Neots.
Deborah said: "We are delighted that he won. He is a lovely cat, very friendly and very cuddly, he loves to be with people.
"We told all our friends that he was entering the competition, so they must have voted for him. We have had him since he was three months old. He is a rescued cat from the RSPCA."
Runner-up in the contest is Tessa, a Whippet and Labrador cross, aged 11, from Ramsey. Delighted owner, Emma Tipton said: "She is lovely, we got her from the RSPCA aged six months - we love her and she is spoilt!"
- 1 Outdoor inflatable water park returns to Huntingdonshire
- 2 Jail for man who boasted he was the St Ives 'weed man'
- 3 Woman has 'medical episode' during A1(M) crash
- 4 13-year-old helped to rescue distressed paddleboarders
- 5 Huntingdon and Peterborough hospitals bring back masks after rise in Covid numbers
- 6 Thousands come together at RAF Wyton for Armed Forces Day
- 7 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 8 Man fined £300 after being linked to fly-tipping
- 9 John Major's 'bad luck' comment is 'absolutely disgraceful' says son of victim
- 10 Two-day closure set for B661 between Great Staughton and Grafham Water
Tessa's family win a £20 voucher to spend at Pet Leaders in Ramsey.
The Pet of the Year contest was run in The Hunts Post in July. As well as cats and dogs, the entrants included an iguana called Iggy, a guinea pig called Evil Edna, another called Mavis Cruet, a chicken called Lucy, a rabbit called Fudge and a horse called Sonny.