Bobster is our Pet of the Year
YES! It s official. Black cats are lucky. The winner of The Hunts Post Pet of the Year is a black cat called Bobster. The feline owned by Deborah and Paul Davenport from Cambourne won the contest with 140 votes – and was way out ahead of all its rivals.
YES! It's official. Black cats are lucky. The winner of The Hunts Post Pet of the Year is a black cat called Bobster.
The feline owned by Deborah and Paul Davenport from Cambourne won the contest with 140 votes - and was way out ahead of all its rivals.
Bobster, aged four this month, beat his 100 rivals for the title and will now have a professional portrait taken of him by Constable Photography in St Neots.
Deborah said: "We are delighted that he won. He is a lovely cat, very friendly and very cuddly, he loves to be with people.
You may also want to watch:
"We told all our friends that he was entering the competition, so they must have voted for him. We have had him since he was three months old. He is a rescued cat from the RSPCA."
Runner-up in the contest is Tessa, a Whippet and Labrador cross, aged 11, from Ramsey. Delighted owner, Emma Tipton said: "She is lovely, we got her from the RSPCA aged six months - we love her and she is spoilt!"
- 1 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 2 Patients avoided going to the doctor out of fear of 'catching Covid'
- 3 Hoax caller flouted strict court order after just three days
- 4 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 5 'We want to help our market towns' - Funding plans extended due to pandemic
- 6 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 7 Huntingdon care home company scoops award in region's top 20
- 8 New community space opens at Alconbury Weald
- 9 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 10 Homebirths suspended at Hinchingbrooke Hospital due to staff shortages
Tessa's family win a £20 voucher to spend at Pet Leaders in Ramsey.
The Pet of the Year contest was run in The Hunts Post in July. As well as cats and dogs, the entrants included an iguana called Iggy, a guinea pig called Evil Edna, another called Mavis Cruet, a chicken called Lucy, a rabbit called Fudge and a horse called Sonny.