Blooming good chance for St Neots
A LAST minute bid to win a prestigious annual competition will see St Neots transformed in to a wealth of colour over the coming months. The town has entered the Anglia in Bloom competition for the first time in a decade, and judging is just four months
A LAST minute bid to win a prestigious annual competition will see St Neots transformed in to a wealth of colour over the coming months.
The town has entered the Anglia in Bloom competition for the first time in a decade, and judging is just four months away.
Margaret Sharp, who is secretary and press officer of the St Neots in Bloom 2007 committee, said: "We are hoping to put flower displays along the market square. I believe this is the first year the town has taken part, so hopefully we will be successful."
Schools, businesses and community organisations will all be asked to play their part and there will also be a "best commercial premises" category.
Individuals are also being asked to get involved by entering the best front garden competition and attending a litter pick day on April 22.
The winner of the Anglia in Bloom competition goes on to compete for the Britain in Bloom title.
- 1 Planning proposal for a new café to be reviewed by St Neots Town Council
- 2 No water relief for depleted rivers and reservoirs with another heatwave forecast
- 3 Fire safety warning as Met Office warns second heatwave on way
- 4 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 5 Joyce proudly shows off her 100th birthday card from the Queen
- 6 Family pay tribute to 'hard worker' father killed in A14 crash
- 7 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 8 Dancers Jive, tango and have fun at the Illumination Dance Masquerade Ball
- 9 Business support needed in Huntingdon for crucial BID ballot
- 10 Home of the Week
INFORMATION: To find out more or to get involved in sponsoring the project, visit www.stneots-tc.gov.uk or phone 01480 388911.