Blooming good chance for St Neots
A LAST minute bid to win a prestigious annual competition will see St Neots transformed in to a wealth of colour over the coming months. The town has entered the Anglia in Bloom competition for the first time in a decade, and judging is just four months
A LAST minute bid to win a prestigious annual competition will see St Neots transformed in to a wealth of colour over the coming months.
The town has entered the Anglia in Bloom competition for the first time in a decade, and judging is just four months away.
Margaret Sharp, who is secretary and press officer of the St Neots in Bloom 2007 committee, said: "We are hoping to put flower displays along the market square. I believe this is the first year the town has taken part, so hopefully we will be successful."
Schools, businesses and community organisations will all be asked to play their part and there will also be a "best commercial premises" category.
You may also want to watch:
Individuals are also being asked to get involved by entering the best front garden competition and attending a litter pick day on April 22.
The winner of the Anglia in Bloom competition goes on to compete for the Britain in Bloom title.
- 1 Man in his 80s dies in fatal Buckden Road crash at Brampton
- 2 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 3 Police find string of ponies in middle of Cambridgeshire road
- 4 Concerns over planned travel hub at railway station
- 5 Wanted woman accused of killing children in M1 crash could be in Huntingdon
- 6 Freed from custody, animal rights campaigner back at Camp Beagle
- 7 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 8 Co-op grocery delivery robots are coming to Cambridgeshire
- 9 446 catalytic converter thefts in just 8 months reported in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Godmanchester author reveals amazing accounts of Second World War in new book
INFORMATION: To find out more or to get involved in sponsoring the project, visit www.stneots-tc.gov.uk or phone 01480 388911.