Blooming good chance for St Neots
A LAST minute bid to win a prestigious annual competition will see St Neots transformed in to a wealth of colour over the coming months. The town has entered the Anglia in Bloom competition for the first time in a decade, and judging is just four months
A LAST minute bid to win a prestigious annual competition will see St Neots transformed in to a wealth of colour over the coming months.
The town has entered the Anglia in Bloom competition for the first time in a decade, and judging is just four months away.
Margaret Sharp, who is secretary and press officer of the St Neots in Bloom 2007 committee, said: "We are hoping to put flower displays along the market square. I believe this is the first year the town has taken part, so hopefully we will be successful."
Schools, businesses and community organisations will all be asked to play their part and there will also be a "best commercial premises" category.
Individuals are also being asked to get involved by entering the best front garden competition and attending a litter pick day on April 22.
The winner of the Anglia in Bloom competition goes on to compete for the Britain in Bloom title.
- 1 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 2 Missing woman back home
- 3 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 4 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 5 Life would be better without mud says Anne Marie Hamilton
- 6 Man who died on A1 at Sawtry is named
- 7 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 8 Read the fascinating history of The Old Bridge Hotel
- 9 New bus service launched to serve Hunts villages
- 10 Jail for Huntingdon man who threatened to kill woman
INFORMATION: To find out more or to get involved in sponsoring the project, visit www.stneots-tc.gov.uk or phone 01480 388911.