Blooming good chance for St Neots
A LAST minute bid to win a prestigious annual competition will see St Neots transformed in to a wealth of colour over the coming months. The town has entered the Anglia in Bloom competition for the first time in a decade, and judging is just four months
A LAST minute bid to win a prestigious annual competition will see St Neots transformed in to a wealth of colour over the coming months.
The town has entered the Anglia in Bloom competition for the first time in a decade, and judging is just four months away.
Margaret Sharp, who is secretary and press officer of the St Neots in Bloom 2007 committee, said: "We are hoping to put flower displays along the market square. I believe this is the first year the town has taken part, so hopefully we will be successful."
Schools, businesses and community organisations will all be asked to play their part and there will also be a "best commercial premises" category.
You may also want to watch:
Individuals are also being asked to get involved by entering the best front garden competition and attending a litter pick day on April 22.
The winner of the Anglia in Bloom competition goes on to compete for the Britain in Bloom title.
- 1 Murder most foul in village's historical records
- 2 St Ives schoolboy looking to claim national title with Kettering Town
- 3 Mum shares her experience in call for IVF to be reinstated
- 4 Hundreds sign petition to get drains cleared in Buckden after more flooding
- 5 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl
- 6 Matt Hancock at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 7 Man dies following collision near Bluntisham
- 8 Read about the interesting history of the village of Broughton
- 9 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 10 Family pets and beautiful wildlife for our Readers Photos this week
INFORMATION: To find out more or to get involved in sponsoring the project, visit www.stneots-tc.gov.uk or phone 01480 388911.