Blame banks for short Hunts trains
THERE have been criticisms in the press by, amongst others, First Capital Connect following Bombardier s failure to deliver new trains for one of the other train operating companies, so delaying FCC s ability to provide additional trains on the Cambridge
THERE have been criticisms in the press by, amongst others, First Capital Connect following Bombardier's failure to deliver new trains for one of the other train operating companies, so delaying FCC's ability to provide additional trains on the Cambridge and Peterborough routes.
It must be stressed that this failure was not directly the fault of Derby's Bombardier - the last train builder in the UK and recently shamefully denied the contract to build the new generation of high speed trains which, even in these difficult times, was awarded to a Japanese company.
The delay was caused when the banks forced two of their suppliers into administration.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 2 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 3 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 4 Hinchingbrooke paediatrician’s relief after getting Covid-19 vaccine
- 5 HSBC is to close its branch in Huntingdon, it has been announced
- 6 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 7 Super slimmer who lost one third of her body weight crowned woman of year
- 8 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 9 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 10 Child rescued from floodwater in Godmanchester