Black Cat is returned to A1 after 'catnapping'
BLACK IS BACK: A second black cat has appeared on the A1 roundabout near to St Neots after it was allegedly catnapped two years ago. There are now two metal black cats on the A1 Black Cat roundabout. The larger one, which was placed on the site in August
BLACK IS BACK: A second black cat has appeared on the A1 roundabout near to St Neots after it was allegedly catnapped two years ago.
There are now two metal black cats on the A1 Black Cat roundabout. The larger one, which was placed on the site in August 2008 after the completion of a new roundabout, has been joined by a smaller cat (pictured).
The smaller was stolen from the roundabout in 2007.
This week The Hunts Post received a letter from six-year-old Lewis Peckham of Ferrars Avenue, Eynesbury saying how pleased he was that the smaller cat had reappeared.
In his letter he said: "I went round the Black Cat roundabout and it is home. I want to say thank you to whoever brought it back."
Lewis had written to the newspaper two years ago saying how upset he was that the smaller feline had vanished from the roundabout.
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 7 places where you can tuck into a carvery in Cambridgeshire
- 3 New mayor of Huntingdon unveiled at annual town council meeting
- 4 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 5 Fresh wave of Camp Beagle protests as vans arrive at Wyton complex
- 6 Suspected sleeping driver with child on board stopped on A1(M)
- 7 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
- 8 Met Office forecast for Cambridgeshire after weekend of mixed weather
- 9 Passengers 'thrown from seats' when train sped through Peterborough
- 10 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
Since its alleged catnapping two years ago the smaller cat has been well travelled. Earlier this month it was spotted on a roundabout in Upper Caldecote. Stuck to the cat was a note, reading 'Help! I was catnapped a long time ago by some nasty people. Some nice people found me in a ditch and got me this far. Please take me home.'
It now appears someone did just that.