Black Cat is returned to A1 after 'catnapping'
BLACK IS BACK: A second black cat has appeared on the A1 roundabout near to St Neots after it was allegedly catnapped two years ago. There are now two metal black cats on the A1 Black Cat roundabout. The larger one, which was placed on the site in August
BLACK IS BACK: A second black cat has appeared on the A1 roundabout near to St Neots after it was allegedly catnapped two years ago.
There are now two metal black cats on the A1 Black Cat roundabout. The larger one, which was placed on the site in August 2008 after the completion of a new roundabout, has been joined by a smaller cat (pictured).
The smaller was stolen from the roundabout in 2007.
This week The Hunts Post received a letter from six-year-old Lewis Peckham of Ferrars Avenue, Eynesbury saying how pleased he was that the smaller cat had reappeared.
You may also want to watch:
In his letter he said: "I went round the Black Cat roundabout and it is home. I want to say thank you to whoever brought it back."
Lewis had written to the newspaper two years ago saying how upset he was that the smaller feline had vanished from the roundabout.
- 1 Driver of fully laden HGV who failed breath test 'couldn't stand up unaided'
- 2 Super slimmer who lost one third of her body weight crowned woman of year
- 3 It's snowing! Send us your snow photos
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 6 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 7 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 8 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 9 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 10 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
Since its alleged catnapping two years ago the smaller cat has been well travelled. Earlier this month it was spotted on a roundabout in Upper Caldecote. Stuck to the cat was a note, reading 'Help! I was catnapped a long time ago by some nasty people. Some nice people found me in a ditch and got me this far. Please take me home.'
It now appears someone did just that.