Black Cat is returned to A1 after 'catnapping'
BLACK IS BACK: A second black cat has appeared on the A1 roundabout near to St Neots after it was allegedly catnapped two years ago. There are now two metal black cats on the A1 Black Cat roundabout. The larger one, which was placed on the site in August
BLACK IS BACK: A second black cat has appeared on the A1 roundabout near to St Neots after it was allegedly catnapped two years ago.
There are now two metal black cats on the A1 Black Cat roundabout. The larger one, which was placed on the site in August 2008 after the completion of a new roundabout, has been joined by a smaller cat (pictured).
The smaller was stolen from the roundabout in 2007.
This week The Hunts Post received a letter from six-year-old Lewis Peckham of Ferrars Avenue, Eynesbury saying how pleased he was that the smaller cat had reappeared.
In his letter he said: "I went round the Black Cat roundabout and it is home. I want to say thank you to whoever brought it back."
Lewis had written to the newspaper two years ago saying how upset he was that the smaller feline had vanished from the roundabout.
- 1 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 2 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home
- 3 Drug Dealer from Huntingdon has been sentenced
- 4 London Luton Airport and NATS will go ahead with Huntingdonshire flight path
- 5 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 6 Crafty Monkey is encouraging people to shop local this winter
- 7 Steve's Taxis has donated more than £20,000 to Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 8 Christmas Light Switch On's are back this year
- 9 Man dies following crash on A1198 near St Ives last month
- 10 This week's Readers Photos
Since its alleged catnapping two years ago the smaller cat has been well travelled. Earlier this month it was spotted on a roundabout in Upper Caldecote. Stuck to the cat was a note, reading 'Help! I was catnapped a long time ago by some nasty people. Some nice people found me in a ditch and got me this far. Please take me home.'
It now appears someone did just that.