Binmen are the very best
IF you believe what you read in local and national newspapers, all binmen are totally anti-social, and only out to make their jobs as easy as possible. As for their not replacing wheelie bins in the right positions (Letters, June 25) – well, it doesn t ta
IF you believe what you read in local and national newspapers, all binmen are totally anti-social, and only out to make their jobs as easy as possible. As for their not replacing wheelie bins in the right positions (Letters, June 25) - well, it doesn't take long to put them back, does it?
Well, don't tar them all with the same brush. Treat them with a bit of respect.
I was really delighted when I got home from a hard hot Friday in London the other week, especially after reading all the horror stories about councils taking people to court (not the binmen, notice) over incorrectly putting rubbish in their bins (what are we coming to as a nation?).
I had had a large branch fall off one of my trees the other week and, although I had cut the branches up as well as I could, my green wheelie bin was full to overflowing with waving bits of tree. I also put a big pile of other branches next to the bin.
You may also want to watch:
Did I get a summons from the council for incorrectly loading my bin? Did I find all the branches still on my front garden?
No, I came home from work and every bit of green waste had been taken.
- 1 Huntingdon 'predator' jailed for raping woman at his home
- 2 Alconbury to benefit from £200,000 flood protection funding
- 3 Seven arrested after £70k-worth of bicycles stolen
- 4 Group charged in connection with Rutland Cycling burglary
- 5 Giant elephant and free rides at Huntingdon Fun Day
- 6 New project will enhance river at Godmanchester
- 7 Sewer network improvements in £600k investment for St Neots
- 8 Village job club providing vital service
- 9 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 10 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
So don't knock your binmen, or your council - many of them still have that sense of pride in doing a good job.