Bin problems? Complain
I WAS pleased to see the letter ( Bins in the wrong place , June 25). It made me feel that I am not a lone voice or a grumpy old person . I have recently been in touch with HDC about the same issue and so far have just had a polite sorry to hear you are
I WAS pleased to see the letter ("Bins in the wrong place", June 25). It made me feel that I am not a lone voice or a 'grumpy old person'.
I have recently been in touch with HDC about the same issue and so far have just had a polite 'sorry to hear you are having trouble' - no assurance that anything will be done about it.
I hear quite a lot of the same complaint about non-return of bins, and one person rang his local councillor, with the result that the next day something was done about it. Does this mean we all have to ring our local councillor? He/she may well be inundated with calls and it really should not have to come to this.
We pay our Council Tax without fail and are entitled to receive basic services without having to fight to get them.
You may also want to watch:
NAME and ADDRESS SUPPLIED
- 1 The Windmill pub is set to reopen after extensive refurbishment
- 2 Life is sweet! Cheesecake emporium opens in Brampton
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Celebration of food and drink at town's first street food festival
- 5 Tudor history and famous Chinese Bridge in Godmanchester
- 6 Riley turns imagination into reality with best-selling adventure book
- 7 Paedophile foiled by undercover officer
- 8 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 9 Do you have items of history for nostalgia group?
- 10 Godmanchester community pulled together throughout the pandemic