Bin problems? Complain
I WAS pleased to see the letter ( Bins in the wrong place , June 25). It made me feel that I am not a lone voice or a grumpy old person . I have recently been in touch with HDC about the same issue and so far have just had a polite sorry to hear you are
I WAS pleased to see the letter ("Bins in the wrong place", June 25). It made me feel that I am not a lone voice or a 'grumpy old person'.
I have recently been in touch with HDC about the same issue and so far have just had a polite 'sorry to hear you are having trouble' - no assurance that anything will be done about it.
I hear quite a lot of the same complaint about non-return of bins, and one person rang his local councillor, with the result that the next day something was done about it. Does this mean we all have to ring our local councillor? He/she may well be inundated with calls and it really should not have to come to this.
We pay our Council Tax without fail and are entitled to receive basic services without having to fight to get them.
You may also want to watch:
NAME and ADDRESS SUPPLIED
- 1 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 2 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 3 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 4 Delicious dessert shop 'Snik Snax' opens
- 5 Homebirths suspended at Hinchingbrooke Hospital due to staff shortages
- 6 Huntingdon dealer who stole from vulnerable man is jailed
- 7 Warning to Huntingdon residents about the legal use of e-scooters
- 8 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 9 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 10 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31