Big night sounds simply fantastic
THE Hunts Post s rock column – Almost Famous – will be going live with a free gig. It will take place at the Golden Lion, in St Ives, on Sunday, June 10, and will feature some of the 50 songwriters and bands who have entered our song competition. The eve
THE Hunts Post's rock column - Almost Famous - will be going live with a free gig.
It will take place at the Golden Lion, in St Ives, on Sunday, June 10, and will feature some of the 50 songwriters and bands who have entered our song competition.
The evening will be a chance to listen to varied musical talent Huntingdonshire has to offer and will see the overall winner of the competition revealed.
And, if that's not enough, the best 12 songs entered into the competition are being recorded for a limited edition CD which will be given away to the first 200 people who arrive at the gig.
You may also want to watch:
All 50 songs are available to listen to on The Hunts Post website www.huntspost.co.uk
Bands who will be playing on June 10 include Bomb Factory, Comfy Slippers, Rob Crane, 9foldpunch, Trevor Jones, Moosejaw, Mark Wilks and Gabrielle Wright.
- 1 Huntingdon 'predator' jailed for raping woman at his home
- 2 Huntingdon home to one of the most 'luxurious' breakfasts in the UK
- 3 Sewer network improvements in £600k investment for St Neots
- 4 Giant elephant and free rides at Huntingdon Fun Day
- 5 Group charged in connection with Rutland Cycling burglary
- 6 Alconbury to benefit from £200,000 flood protection funding
- 7 Widow, 80, cleans blocked drain in Buckden after 'several floods'
- 8 Pigeons still roosting on old A14 bridge despite preventative mesh
- 9 Rural theft cost Cambridgeshire £2 million in 2020
- 10 'Thank you so much!' - fundraising bid secures new wheelchair for Ellamae
Andy Veale, editor of The Hunts Post, said the Almost Famous Song Competition had provided Huntingdonshire's bands with a fantastic opportunity to highlight their talent.
"Our columnists, Chris Boland and Richard Paul, have put a great deal of effort into supporting the district's musicians, not only providing them with a weekly platform in The Hunts Post, but by bringing together the best talent for this live event.
"The Almost Famous Song Competition has attracted some excellent entries, and it is going to very hard for the judges to single out a winner."
It will be the fourth Almost Famous free event since the column started in 2002.
The winner of the song contest will receive recording time at the Fasttrack Studio in Wilburton, plus rehearsal time at The Studio Rooms, in Wyton.
They will also get airtime on BBC Radio Cambridgeshire with Jeremy Sallis, who presents The Audio Files on Thursday nights.
INFORMATION: Almost Famous Live, the Golden Lion, Market Hill, St Ives. Sunday, June 10, starts 7pm. Entry free.