MY newspaper had headlines Brown saves the world , which I believe is basically true. But to me is no surprise, as he is a top man in these matters in the UK and the world, as he has again shown us. Tony and Gordon were a superb duo. We only have Gordon
MY newspaper had headlines "Brown saves the world", which I believe is basically true. But to me is no surprise, as he is a top man in these matters in the UK and the world, as he has again shown us.
Tony and Gordon were a superb duo. We only have Gordon now, but he is a winner.
Our PM Gordon has put forward a plan endorsed by the world to solve our banking problems and, in turn, our economy.
I remember when I failed my 11-plus. My friends who passed went into banking, telling me they would offer top wages, a good pension and a job for life. I look forward to meeting my school friends again - I am sure those who went into banking will agree that their employers have let down the country, their employees and, of course, their customers in our country and the world.
I just hope Gordon will see this doesn't happen again by tightening the rules and regulations within banking - and this must be worldwide.
I S WESTLEY
- 1 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 2 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 3 Fire Crews called to a blaze that started in a flat in St Ives
- 4 St Ives man undergoes pioneering heart treatment
- 5 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 6 Hundreds gather to see Santa on The Quay in St Ives
- 7 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 8 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 9 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 10 Thousands more homes set for Alconbury Weald