MY newspaper had headlines Brown saves the world , which I believe is basically true. But to me is no surprise, as he is a top man in these matters in the UK and the world, as he has again shown us. Tony and Gordon were a superb duo. We only have Gordon
MY newspaper had headlines "Brown saves the world", which I believe is basically true. But to me is no surprise, as he is a top man in these matters in the UK and the world, as he has again shown us.
Tony and Gordon were a superb duo. We only have Gordon now, but he is a winner.
Our PM Gordon has put forward a plan endorsed by the world to solve our banking problems and, in turn, our economy.
I remember when I failed my 11-plus. My friends who passed went into banking, telling me they would offer top wages, a good pension and a job for life. I look forward to meeting my school friends again - I am sure those who went into banking will agree that their employers have let down the country, their employees and, of course, their customers in our country and the world.
You may also want to watch:
I just hope Gordon will see this doesn't happen again by tightening the rules and regulations within banking - and this must be worldwide.
I S WESTLEY
- 1 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 2 Royal Oak in Hail Weston named as the best pub in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
- 4 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 5 Huntingdon man found with stash of drugs and cash is jailed
- 6 First post-lockdown Parkrun in St Neots held in memory of four runners
- 7 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 8 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 9 St Ives woman who sold ecstasy to school children avoids jail
- 10 Brampton's 'fantastic' village fete welcomes 4,000 revellers