Banking on youthful ideas
TEENAGERS in Cambridgeshire who would like to have more to do in the evenings and at weekends could get their hands on some cash to make their wishes come true. The county s four Youth Banks now have money waiting for 13 to 19-year-olds who want to fund
TEENAGERS in Cambridgeshire who would like to have more to do in the evenings and at weekends could get their hands on some cash to make their wishes come true.
The county's four "Youth Banks" now have money waiting for 13 to 19-year-olds who want to fund their own project.
The idea is that the projects give young people "things to do". Examples given by the charity which holds the funds, Cambridgeshire Community Foundation, include sport activities, art projects, and DJ-ing.
However, the charity said applications for a share of the funding would need to prove that they encourage young people to either be more healthy, safe, enjoy and achieve, make a positive contribution or achieve economic well being.
There are four Youth Banks in Cambridgeshire - Huntingdonshire, South Cambridgeshire, east Cambridgeshire/Fenland and Cambridge. The money has been provided from the Youth Opportunity Fund.
INFORMATION: Contact Cambridgeshire Community Foundation by calling 01223 421588. The charity's website is www.cambsyouthbanks.org
- 1 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 2 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home
- 3 Drug Dealer from Huntingdon has been sentenced
- 4 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 5 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 6 Crafty Monkey is encouraging people to shop local this winter
- 7 London Luton Airport and NATS will go ahead with Huntingdonshire flight path
- 8 Steve's Taxis has donated more than £20,000 to Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 9 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 10 Man dies following crash on A1198 near St Ives last month