Bank visit nets Magpas St Ives business donation
MAGPAS MONEY: A businessman’s visit to the bank led to hime making a �500 donation to the medical emergency charity, Magpas.
Mike Pollard, managing director of Dalrod Cambridgeshire, based in St Ives, said he made the spontaneous donation after hearing about the charity’s work from a staff member at Barclays Bank in St Ives.
“I was having a meeting with my Barclays business manager and she started talking to me about the charity. I’ve got a lot of friends who are paramedics and the conversation prompted me to give Magpas some money as soon as I could,” Mr Pollard said.
And not only did Mr Pollard present a cheque, but also sent one of his Dalrod team to clear the Magpas drains at its site in Wyton – free of charge.
The extremely accommodating Mr Pollard also told the Magpas Helimedix that they are always welcome to land in his garden if there’s an emergency in Warboys, where he lives.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Pollard, who lives in Warboys, added that he was planning to continue to support Magpas.
- 1 Letter of the Week: Brexit gain for food bank!
- 2 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 3 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 4 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 5 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 6 Best Seat in the House - Meal boxes - are they an over-priced luxury?
- 7 More Readers' Photos for this week
- 8 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 9 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 10 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital