BAND OF THE WEEK: JAYWALK BUZZ
THE recent return of Huntingdon band Jaywalk Buzz can only be a good thing for the local music scene. The original line-up performed several high profile gigs across Cambridgeshire, Peterborough and London thanks to the success of their three track demo
THE recent return of Huntingdon band Jaywalk Buzz can only be a good thing for the local music scene.
The original line-up performed several high profile gigs across Cambridgeshire, Peterborough and London thanks to the success of their three track demo which was met with mass critical acclaim.
Sadly, the band split in April 2004 due to what was described as external pressures and all the members went their separate ways. Their recent reformation in 2005, with new drummer Paul Darby, is a welcoming bonus for Cambridgeshire's music scene.
Singer Matt Herritt remained a favourite of ours thanks to his solo acoustic performances and back with a band he's never sounded better.
You may also want to watch:
The recent comeback show at the Portland Arms in Cambridge, and at the Tavern Club at Floods Tavern, St Ives have demonstrated a slightly heavier sound, but still retaining an enormous sense of melody and musically they are already one of the tightest bands on the circuit. More gigs are on the way, the chances are you'll be hearing a lot more about Jaywalk Buzz as the year gets into full stride.
- 1 Royal Oak in Hail Weston named as the best pub in Cambridgeshire
- 2 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 3 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 4 Huntingdon man found with stash of drugs and cash is jailed
- 5 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
- 6 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 7 Brampton's 'fantastic' village fete welcomes 4,000 revellers
- 8 St Ives woman who sold ecstasy to school children avoids jail
- 9 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 10 First post-lockdown Parkrun in St Neots held in memory of four runners