A BUCKDEN performing arts school has become – by just a matter of minutes - only the second in Britain to achieve a new recognised school status. The accreditation, awarded by the Council for Dance Education and Training, is the sector s equivalent of I
A BUCKDEN performing arts school has become - by just a matter of minutes - only the second in Britain to achieve a new "recognised school" status.
The accreditation, awarded by the Council for Dance Education and Training, is the sector's equivalent of ISO 9000-series quality assurance accreditation.
It has taken Stageworks Performing Arts three years to achieve the accolade, which gives parents and young people confidence that the 1,200 young students, aged from three to 16, will be properly looked after while being trained by professional teachers.
Head of dance Yvette Curtin said Stageworks had missed out by only a few minutes on being the first school in the country to be recognised with the new kite-mark. But the CDET had refused to say who had pipped the Buckden academy to the post.
You may also want to watch:
Sean Williams, CDET's director, said: "A school holding the RS kite-mark will clearly offer much more assurance as to the quality of its service than one without it, and we shall be actively encouraging students, parents and carers to ask at the time of enrolment if a school holds the kite-mark and, if not, why not."
Yvette added: "It means that we can assure people that we provide a safe and secure environment for the children to develop their skills with teachers who are either already qualified or well on the way towards a recognised professional qualification, which takes five to seven years.
- 1 Royal Oak in Hail Weston named as the best pub in Cambridgeshire
- 2 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 3 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 4 Huntingdon man found with stash of drugs and cash is jailed
- 5 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
- 6 Brampton's 'fantastic' village fete welcomes 4,000 revellers
- 7 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 8 St Ives woman who sold ecstasy to school children avoids jail
- 9 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 10 Leader champions Huntingdonshire as 'great place to live'
"It has been a three-year struggle to achieve it, but we were delighted that all the time and money we invested in it has paid off.
"I believe that a lot of the other dancing schools in the area will now follow us."
INFORMATION: Stageworks, which offers courses in dance, drama, musical theatre, singing and voice coaching, is on 01480 812626, www.stageworksstudio.co.uk. CDET is on 0207240 5703 or www.cdet.org.