Handbags are needed by British Heart Foundation shops in Huntingdonshire as part of a new fundraising campaign. The shops are running a campaign saying that to you, an unwanted handbag is to us, a new heart monitor. The shops are urging residents to have
Handbags are needed by British Heart Foundation shops in Huntingdonshire as part of a new fundraising campaign.
The shops are running a campaign saying that to you, an unwanted handbag is to us, a new heart monitor.
The shops are urging residents to have a clear out and help turn unwanted items into lifesaving research and equipment.
By dropping off donations to a BHF shop, locals will be joining the BHF in its fight against heart and circulatory disease, which remains the UK's biggest killer.
You may also want to watch:
Throughout March the leading heart charity has been highlighting the value of these donations by displaying posters in its shops featuring a red handbag.
They are also appealing for donations of good quality clothes, shoes, accessories, books, CDs, DVDs, videos, toys and bric-a-brac.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Seven of the prettiest villages in Huntingdonshire
- 3 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 4 Protestors demand so-called beagle puppy ‘death camp’ is shut down
- 5 'People are angry' - hundreds protest outside Camp Beagle
- 6 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 7 300 take part in autonomous shuttle passenger trial
- 8 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 9 Strictly's Anton and Giovanni dazzle in sensational return to live theatre
- 10 Village Focus: Silver coins among ancient finds in Hartford
INFORMATION: To locate your local BHF shop, call 0870 120 4141 or visit www.bhf.org.uk/shops