Handbags are needed by British Heart Foundation shops in Huntingdonshire as part of a new fundraising campaign. The shops are running a campaign saying that to you, an unwanted handbag is to us, a new heart monitor. The shops are urging residents to have
Handbags are needed by British Heart Foundation shops in Huntingdonshire as part of a new fundraising campaign.
The shops are running a campaign saying that to you, an unwanted handbag is to us, a new heart monitor.
The shops are urging residents to have a clear out and help turn unwanted items into lifesaving research and equipment.
By dropping off donations to a BHF shop, locals will be joining the BHF in its fight against heart and circulatory disease, which remains the UK's biggest killer.
Throughout March the leading heart charity has been highlighting the value of these donations by displaying posters in its shops featuring a red handbag.
They are also appealing for donations of good quality clothes, shoes, accessories, books, CDs, DVDs, videos, toys and bric-a-brac.
- 1 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 2 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home
- 3 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 4 Drug Dealer from Huntingdon has been sentenced
- 5 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 6 London Luton Airport and NATS will go ahead with Huntingdonshire flight path
- 7 Crafty Monkey is encouraging people to shop local this winter
- 8 Updated details of the Christmas lights switch-on in St Neots
- 9 Steve's Taxis has donated more than £20,000 to Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 10 Man dies following crash on A1198 near St Ives last month
INFORMATION: To locate your local BHF shop, call 0870 120 4141 or visit www.bhf.org.uk/shops