Handbags are needed by British Heart Foundation shops in Huntingdonshire as part of a new fundraising campaign. The shops are running a campaign saying that to you, an unwanted handbag is to us, a new heart monitor. The shops are urging residents to have
Handbags are needed by British Heart Foundation shops in Huntingdonshire as part of a new fundraising campaign.
The shops are running a campaign saying that to you, an unwanted handbag is to us, a new heart monitor.
The shops are urging residents to have a clear out and help turn unwanted items into lifesaving research and equipment.
By dropping off donations to a BHF shop, locals will be joining the BHF in its fight against heart and circulatory disease, which remains the UK's biggest killer.
Throughout March the leading heart charity has been highlighting the value of these donations by displaying posters in its shops featuring a red handbag.
They are also appealing for donations of good quality clothes, shoes, accessories, books, CDs, DVDs, videos, toys and bric-a-brac.
- 1 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 2 Judge makes contempt of court ruling against Camp Beagle protesters
- 3 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 4 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 5 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 6 Huge Victorian house with pool and gym on sale for £1.75m
- 7 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 8 Jacob Crawshaw memorial football match raises more than £8,100
- 9 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
INFORMATION: To locate your local BHF shop, call 0870 120 4141 or visit www.bhf.org.uk/shops