Backing for potential move
RAF Wyton s future as a possible new home to Marshall Aerospace has been given the official backing of St Ives Town Council. The Cambridge company is currently looking for a new base, and is considering both RAF Wyton and RAF Mildenhall in Suffolk. Last w
RAF Wyton's future as a possible new home to Marshall Aerospace has been given the official backing of St Ives Town Council.
The Cambridge company is currently looking for a new base, and is considering both RAF Wyton and RAF Mildenhall in Suffolk.
Last week Marshall Aerospace gave a detailed presentation to St Ives councillors, prompting the council to again stress the importance of the firm to the Wyton site.
Town Mayor, Councillor Doug Dew, said: "The RAF Wyton site is one of significant importance to the economic and social life of Huntingdonshire.
You may also want to watch:
"We would wholeheartedly welcome the Marshalls move, especially in light of the more detailed information now given to us."
Planning chairman, Cllr John Davies, added: "This site has enormous advantages in terms of existing facilities and transport links. The creation of new jobs for this area, especially for the highly skilled, is one we would support."
- 1 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 2 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 3 Read our focus on Ramsey town centre
- 4 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 5 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 6 Charity 130-mile trek raises over £4,000 after rare diagnosis for Hunts man
- 7 Grants handed out to help people with cancer in Hunts total £17,000
- 8 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 9 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 10 Woman dies after car hits lamppost in Eaton Ford
Marshalls Aerospace has stressed that no decision has yet been made on its relocation.
"We will support Marshalls in any way we can," said Cllr Dew. "At the same time we will continue to push for immediate improvements to the A14 - that is also a priority."
# A14 improvements to cost £640million - Page 2