Baby calendar will raise cash for our appeal
MAKE a date and make some money for The Hunts Post s New Life Appeal by taking up one of the latest offers that will raise funds for two baby units at Hinchingbrooke Hospital. Ramsey photographer Anna Wiskin is lending her support and skill to the campaig
MAKE a date and make some money for The Hunts Post's New Life Appeal by taking up one of the latest offers that will raise funds for two baby units at Hinchingbrooke Hospital.
Ramsey photographer Anna Wiskin is lending her support and skill to the campaign which will raise £70,000 for maternity and the special care baby unit at the Huntingdon hospital.
For the fourth year, Anna has created a calendar with photographs she has taken of babies born at Hinchingbrooke and each year the profits are given to the hospital (about £1,200).
However, this year, Anna will give the proceeds to the New Life Appeal as well as putting on a special photographic offer to help with the campaign.
The calendars are available at the moment for £2.50 - half price.
Anna is also offering a half-price photographic sitting fee for babies up to six months old - £15 instead of the usual £30 - with the fee going to The Hunts Post New Life Appeal.
- 1 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 2 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 3 Fire Crews called to a blaze that started in a flat in St Ives
- 4 St Ives man undergoes pioneering heart treatment
- 5 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 6 Hundreds gather to see Santa on The Quay in St Ives
- 7 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 8 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 9 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 10 Thousands more homes set for Alconbury Weald
This offer will continue until September so parents can save half the price of the sitting and make a donation to the hospital at the same time.
Anna said: "I want to back The Hunts Post campaign because the paper has always helped me sell my calendar and I wouldn't have been able to raise so much money without that support, so it is only fair that I return that support.
"I wanted to raise money for the hospital because it makes me angry that NHS midwives are talked about so dismissively, when we have an absolute jewel of a maternity unit here.
"My two children were both born at Hinchingbrooke Hospital and we had absolutely fantastic treatment."
Readers from across Cambridgeshire can join in the fundraising and support a very worthy cause by contacting The Hunts Post. Already readers are planning a host of events and concerts, which we will report on in detail throughout the year as the dates approach.
INFORMATION: To buy a calendar or book a photograph session with photographer Anna Wiskin see www.annawiskin.co.uk or call her on 01487 710087.