Baby calendar will raise cash for our appeal
MAKE a date and make some money for The Hunts Post s New Life Appeal by taking up one of the latest offers that will raise funds for two baby units at Hinchingbrooke Hospital. Ramsey photographer Anna Wiskin is lending her support and skill to the campaig
MAKE a date and make some money for The Hunts Post's New Life Appeal by taking up one of the latest offers that will raise funds for two baby units at Hinchingbrooke Hospital.
Ramsey photographer Anna Wiskin is lending her support and skill to the campaign which will raise £70,000 for maternity and the special care baby unit at the Huntingdon hospital.
For the fourth year, Anna has created a calendar with photographs she has taken of babies born at Hinchingbrooke and each year the profits are given to the hospital (about £1,200).
However, this year, Anna will give the proceeds to the New Life Appeal as well as putting on a special photographic offer to help with the campaign.
You may also want to watch:
The calendars are available at the moment for £2.50 - half price.
Anna is also offering a half-price photographic sitting fee for babies up to six months old - £15 instead of the usual £30 - with the fee going to The Hunts Post New Life Appeal.
- 1 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 2 Royal Oak in Hail Weston named as the best pub in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 4 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
- 5 Huntingdon man found with stash of drugs and cash is jailed
- 6 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 7 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 8 First post-lockdown Parkrun in St Neots held in memory of four runners
- 9 Brampton's 'fantastic' village fete welcomes 4,000 revellers
- 10 St Ives woman who sold ecstasy to school children avoids jail
This offer will continue until September so parents can save half the price of the sitting and make a donation to the hospital at the same time.
Anna said: "I want to back The Hunts Post campaign because the paper has always helped me sell my calendar and I wouldn't have been able to raise so much money without that support, so it is only fair that I return that support.
"I wanted to raise money for the hospital because it makes me angry that NHS midwives are talked about so dismissively, when we have an absolute jewel of a maternity unit here.
"My two children were both born at Hinchingbrooke Hospital and we had absolutely fantastic treatment."
Readers from across Cambridgeshire can join in the fundraising and support a very worthy cause by contacting The Hunts Post. Already readers are planning a host of events and concerts, which we will report on in detail throughout the year as the dates approach.
INFORMATION: To buy a calendar or book a photograph session with photographer Anna Wiskin see www.annawiskin.co.uk or call her on 01487 710087.