Baby calendar is back
A CHARITY calendar, which in the past has raised £12,000 for Hinchingbrooke Hospital, will be back for 2008. Photographer Anna Wiskin first produced the calendar in 2004 and was surprised by its success. I started the calendar as a practice exercise when
A CHARITY calendar, which in the past has raised £12,000 for Hinchingbrooke Hospital, will be back for 2008.
Photographer Anna Wiskin first produced the calendar in 2004 and was surprised by its success.
"I started the calendar as a practice exercise when I set up my photography business. I needed models and experience, and newborn babies were ideal.
"I never expected the calendar to take off the way that it did."
You may also want to watch:
Money raised by the calendar was used to provide Hinchingbrooke with a fully equipped "quiet room" for bereaved couples and mothers who have suffered a traumatic birth.
After taking a break in 2007, the calendar will be back in 2008 with the aim of raising money towards specialist Biliblankets for jaundiced babies, which cost £1,000 each.
- 1 The Windmill pub is set to reopen after extensive refurbishment
- 2 Life is sweet! Cheesecake emporium opens in Brampton
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Celebration of food and drink at town's first street food festival
- 5 Riley turns imagination into reality with best-selling adventure book
- 6 Tudor history and famous Chinese Bridge in Godmanchester
- 7 Paedophile foiled by undercover officer
- 8 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 9 Do you have items of history for nostalgia group?
- 10 Godmanchester community pulled together throughout the pandemic
Anna added: "So many people rang and complained that the calendar hadn't been produced for this year and after the roaring success of the Hands off Hinchinbrooke Campaign, it was only right to re-launch the calendar to show the continued support of the local people."
The calendar will feature black-and- white prints of local babies and is being endorsed by Sir John Major and current Huntingdon MP Jonathon Djanogly.
Anna is still looking for sponsors and stockists prior to the calendar's launch in October.
INFORMATION: For more information on sponsoring or stocking the calendar, contact Anna Wiskin on 01487 710087 or visit www.annawiskin.co.uk.