Baby calendar is back
A CHARITY calendar, which in the past has raised £12,000 for Hinchingbrooke Hospital, will be back for 2008. Photographer Anna Wiskin first produced the calendar in 2004 and was surprised by its success. I started the calendar as a practice exercise when
A CHARITY calendar, which in the past has raised £12,000 for Hinchingbrooke Hospital, will be back for 2008.
Photographer Anna Wiskin first produced the calendar in 2004 and was surprised by its success.
"I started the calendar as a practice exercise when I set up my photography business. I needed models and experience, and newborn babies were ideal.
"I never expected the calendar to take off the way that it did."
Money raised by the calendar was used to provide Hinchingbrooke with a fully equipped "quiet room" for bereaved couples and mothers who have suffered a traumatic birth.
After taking a break in 2007, the calendar will be back in 2008 with the aim of raising money towards specialist Biliblankets for jaundiced babies, which cost £1,000 each.
- 1 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 2 Judge makes contempt of court ruling against Camp Beagle protesters
- 3 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 4 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 5 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 6 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 7 Jacob Crawshaw memorial football match raises more than £8,100
- 8 Huge Victorian house with pool and gym on sale for £1.75m
- 9 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
Anna added: "So many people rang and complained that the calendar hadn't been produced for this year and after the roaring success of the Hands off Hinchinbrooke Campaign, it was only right to re-launch the calendar to show the continued support of the local people."
The calendar will feature black-and- white prints of local babies and is being endorsed by Sir John Major and current Huntingdon MP Jonathon Djanogly.
Anna is still looking for sponsors and stockists prior to the calendar's launch in October.
INFORMATION: For more information on sponsoring or stocking the calendar, contact Anna Wiskin on 01487 710087 or visit www.annawiskin.co.uk.