Baby calendar is back
A CHARITY calendar, which in the past has raised £12,000 for Hinchingbrooke Hospital, will be back for 2008. Photographer Anna Wiskin first produced the calendar in 2004 and was surprised by its success. I started the calendar as a practice exercise when
A CHARITY calendar, which in the past has raised £12,000 for Hinchingbrooke Hospital, will be back for 2008.
Photographer Anna Wiskin first produced the calendar in 2004 and was surprised by its success.
"I started the calendar as a practice exercise when I set up my photography business. I needed models and experience, and newborn babies were ideal.
"I never expected the calendar to take off the way that it did."
Money raised by the calendar was used to provide Hinchingbrooke with a fully equipped "quiet room" for bereaved couples and mothers who have suffered a traumatic birth.
After taking a break in 2007, the calendar will be back in 2008 with the aim of raising money towards specialist Biliblankets for jaundiced babies, which cost £1,000 each.
- 1 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 2 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 3 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 4 Drugs uncovered in Huntingdon home
- 5 Drug Dealer from Huntingdon has been sentenced
- 6 Updated details of the Christmas lights switch-on in St Neots
- 7 London Luton Airport and NATS will go ahead with Huntingdonshire flight path
- 8 Crafty Monkey is encouraging people to shop local this winter
- 9 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 10 Steve's Taxis has donated more than £20,000 to Hinchingbrooke Hospital
Anna added: "So many people rang and complained that the calendar hadn't been produced for this year and after the roaring success of the Hands off Hinchinbrooke Campaign, it was only right to re-launch the calendar to show the continued support of the local people."
The calendar will feature black-and- white prints of local babies and is being endorsed by Sir John Major and current Huntingdon MP Jonathon Djanogly.
Anna is still looking for sponsors and stockists prior to the calendar's launch in October.
INFORMATION: For more information on sponsoring or stocking the calendar, contact Anna Wiskin on 01487 710087 or visit www.annawiskin.co.uk.