Award for George Hotel in Buckden
THE George in Buckden is the second-best George Hotel in England. The hotel finished as runner-up to its namesake in North Yorkshire in a survey to find the country s best hotel named after England s patron saint. The list was organised by the travel w
THE George in Buckden is the second-best George Hotel in England.
The hotel finished as runner-up to its namesake in North Yorkshire in a survey to find the country's best hotel named after England's patron saint.
The list was organised by the travel website, TripAdvisor, based on reviews and ratings on the site, to mark St George's Day.
Buckden is famed for being the home of Catherine of Aragon after she was divorced from Henry VIII.
You may also want to watch:
The hotel's 12 rooms are each named after a different famous George, from Orwell to Best.
The hotel, owned by Anne Furbank, who also owns the designer dress shop next door, was commended for the attentiveness of its staff and the quality of the food, with one site reviewer saying: "The service was perfect. Nothing was too much trouble, and the food was fantastic, both for dinner and breakfast."
- 1 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 2 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 3 Two men to appear in court to face aggravated burglary charges.
- 4 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 5 HSBC is to close its branch in Huntingdon, it has been announced
- 6 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 7 100-year-old care home resident reveals secret to a long life.
- 8 Parking issues in Huntingdon are a 'safety hazard' says community chairman
- 9 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 10 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
Manager, Cynthia Schaeffer said: "We have been delighted by our recent regional successes, now we are thrilled to receive this national recognition.