Award for George Hotel in Buckden
THE George in Buckden is the second-best George Hotel in England. The hotel finished as runner-up to its namesake in North Yorkshire in a survey to find the country s best hotel named after England s patron saint. The list was organised by the travel w
THE George in Buckden is the second-best George Hotel in England.
The hotel finished as runner-up to its namesake in North Yorkshire in a survey to find the country's best hotel named after England's patron saint.
The list was organised by the travel website, TripAdvisor, based on reviews and ratings on the site, to mark St George's Day.
Buckden is famed for being the home of Catherine of Aragon after she was divorced from Henry VIII.
You may also want to watch:
The hotel's 12 rooms are each named after a different famous George, from Orwell to Best.
The hotel, owned by Anne Furbank, who also owns the designer dress shop next door, was commended for the attentiveness of its staff and the quality of the food, with one site reviewer saying: "The service was perfect. Nothing was too much trouble, and the food was fantastic, both for dinner and breakfast."
- 1 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 2 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 3 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 4 Patients avoided going to the doctor out of fear of 'catching Covid'
- 5 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 6 Homebirths suspended at Hinchingbrooke Hospital due to staff shortages
- 7 Hoax caller flouted strict court order after just three days
- 8 Olive Indian receives service award for a second year
- 9 Delicious dessert shop 'Snik Snax' opens
- 10 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
Manager, Cynthia Schaeffer said: "We have been delighted by our recent regional successes, now we are thrilled to receive this national recognition.