Award for George Hotel in Buckden
THE George in Buckden is the second-best George Hotel in England. The hotel finished as runner-up to its namesake in North Yorkshire in a survey to find the country s best hotel named after England s patron saint. The list was organised by the travel w
THE George in Buckden is the second-best George Hotel in England.
The hotel finished as runner-up to its namesake in North Yorkshire in a survey to find the country's best hotel named after England's patron saint.
The list was organised by the travel website, TripAdvisor, based on reviews and ratings on the site, to mark St George's Day.
Buckden is famed for being the home of Catherine of Aragon after she was divorced from Henry VIII.
The hotel's 12 rooms are each named after a different famous George, from Orwell to Best.
The hotel, owned by Anne Furbank, who also owns the designer dress shop next door, was commended for the attentiveness of its staff and the quality of the food, with one site reviewer saying: "The service was perfect. Nothing was too much trouble, and the food was fantastic, both for dinner and breakfast."
- 1 Eight Huntingdon children handed anti-social behaviour interventions
- 2 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 3 Meet the Sassy Lassies cycling group encouraging women in Huntingdonshire to ride
- 4 Suspected case of bird flu in swan reported to DEFRA
- 5 Police check home of 101-year-old animal rights patron for stolen beagles
- 6 7 of the most beautiful churches in Cambridgeshire
- 7 New homes plan for Huntingdonshire village
- 8 Site cleared after 'grenade' prompts alarm
- 9 A "determined" Huntingdon man takes on Everest after a double lung transplant
- 10 Part of The Busway set for weekend closure with diversions near St Ives
Manager, Cynthia Schaeffer said: "We have been delighted by our recent regional successes, now we are thrilled to receive this national recognition.