Award for George Hotel in Buckden
THE George in Buckden is the second-best George Hotel in England. The hotel finished as runner-up to its namesake in North Yorkshire in a survey to find the country s best hotel named after England s patron saint. The list was organised by the travel w
THE George in Buckden is the second-best George Hotel in England.
The hotel finished as runner-up to its namesake in North Yorkshire in a survey to find the country's best hotel named after England's patron saint.
The list was organised by the travel website, TripAdvisor, based on reviews and ratings on the site, to mark St George's Day.
Buckden is famed for being the home of Catherine of Aragon after she was divorced from Henry VIII.
The hotel's 12 rooms are each named after a different famous George, from Orwell to Best.
The hotel, owned by Anne Furbank, who also owns the designer dress shop next door, was commended for the attentiveness of its staff and the quality of the food, with one site reviewer saying: "The service was perfect. Nothing was too much trouble, and the food was fantastic, both for dinner and breakfast."
- 1 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 2 Karl Brockett writes about the history of St Ives
- 3 'He is our hero' - D-day veteran Wilf, 102, gets surprise visit
- 4 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 5 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 6 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 7 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 8 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 9 Huge spike in safety complaints due to 'bedroom sellers' during pandemic
- 10 Huntingdon town mayor supports launch of The Eclettica
Manager, Cynthia Schaeffer said: "We have been delighted by our recent regional successes, now we are thrilled to receive this national recognition.