Award for George Hotel in Buckden
THE George in Buckden is the second-best George Hotel in England. The hotel finished as runner-up to its namesake in North Yorkshire in a survey to find the country s best hotel named after England s patron saint. The list was organised by the travel w
THE George in Buckden is the second-best George Hotel in England.
The hotel finished as runner-up to its namesake in North Yorkshire in a survey to find the country's best hotel named after England's patron saint.
The list was organised by the travel website, TripAdvisor, based on reviews and ratings on the site, to mark St George's Day.
Buckden is famed for being the home of Catherine of Aragon after she was divorced from Henry VIII.
You may also want to watch:
The hotel's 12 rooms are each named after a different famous George, from Orwell to Best.
The hotel, owned by Anne Furbank, who also owns the designer dress shop next door, was commended for the attentiveness of its staff and the quality of the food, with one site reviewer saying: "The service was perfect. Nothing was too much trouble, and the food was fantastic, both for dinner and breakfast."
- 1 Letter of the Week: Brexit gain for food bank!
- 2 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 3 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 4 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 5 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 6 Best Seat in the House - Meal boxes - are they an over-priced luxury?
- 7 More Readers' Photos for this week
- 8 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 9 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 10 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
Manager, Cynthia Schaeffer said: "We have been delighted by our recent regional successes, now we are thrilled to receive this national recognition.