Avoid A1198, drivers warned
DRIVERS are being advised to avoid the A1198 near Papworth outside peak times from today (Monday).
Work is about to start on a �100,000 improvement scheme designed to reduce the number of accidents at the Barnfield Lane/Lattenbury Bridge junction on the A1198 near Papworth St Agnes.
The junction was the scene of 10 reported injury accidents between January 2005 and December 2009, three of which were serious.
The accident remedial scheme, to be carried out for Cambridgeshire County Council, will improve driver-awareness of the junction using a combination of signing, lining and kerb realignment, which will also help to encourage motorists to reduce their speed at the location, the council said.
At the same time work will also be carried out to strengthen and refurbish Lattenbury Bridge. Working hours will be kept outside peak traffic times (work will take place between 9.30am and 3.30pm) with temporary traffic lights on the A1198. Barnfield Lane will be closed during the eight-week construction period.
You may also want to watch:
Drivers are being urged to find alternative routes or allow extra time for their journey.
- 1 Driver of fully laden HGV who failed breath test 'couldn't stand up unaided'
- 2 Super slimmer who lost one third of her body weight crowned woman of year
- 3 It's snowing! Send us your snow photos
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 6 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 7 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 8 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 9 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
- 10 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village