Avoid A1198, drivers warned
DRIVERS are being advised to avoid the A1198 near Papworth outside peak times from today (Monday).
Work is about to start on a �100,000 improvement scheme designed to reduce the number of accidents at the Barnfield Lane/Lattenbury Bridge junction on the A1198 near Papworth St Agnes.
The junction was the scene of 10 reported injury accidents between January 2005 and December 2009, three of which were serious.
The accident remedial scheme, to be carried out for Cambridgeshire County Council, will improve driver-awareness of the junction using a combination of signing, lining and kerb realignment, which will also help to encourage motorists to reduce their speed at the location, the council said.
At the same time work will also be carried out to strengthen and refurbish Lattenbury Bridge. Working hours will be kept outside peak traffic times (work will take place between 9.30am and 3.30pm) with temporary traffic lights on the A1198. Barnfield Lane will be closed during the eight-week construction period.
You may also want to watch:
Drivers are being urged to find alternative routes or allow extra time for their journey.
- 1 Man named following fatal collision near Bluntisham
- 2 Police move in to close house after reports of anti-social behaviour
- 3 Jail for man who stole more than £25,000 from company
- 4 Almost 100 'sexual and violent crimes' recorded in two of our towns in one month
- 5 Vaccine centres offering earlier second dose AstraZeneca
- 6 Plans for Ox-Cam Arc are 'pretty awful'
- 7 Schoolgirl cuts her hair so friend can have a wig
- 8 Nathan’s Go-Fund Me page raises more than £6,000 and family pay tribute
- 9 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 10 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl