Avoid A1198, drivers warned
DRIVERS are being advised to avoid the A1198 near Papworth outside peak times from today (Monday).
Work is about to start on a �100,000 improvement scheme designed to reduce the number of accidents at the Barnfield Lane/Lattenbury Bridge junction on the A1198 near Papworth St Agnes.
The junction was the scene of 10 reported injury accidents between January 2005 and December 2009, three of which were serious.
The accident remedial scheme, to be carried out for Cambridgeshire County Council, will improve driver-awareness of the junction using a combination of signing, lining and kerb realignment, which will also help to encourage motorists to reduce their speed at the location, the council said.
At the same time work will also be carried out to strengthen and refurbish Lattenbury Bridge. Working hours will be kept outside peak traffic times (work will take place between 9.30am and 3.30pm) with temporary traffic lights on the A1198. Barnfield Lane will be closed during the eight-week construction period.
Drivers are being urged to find alternative routes or allow extra time for their journey.
- 1 Air Ambulance is called to serious crash on London Road in St Ives
- 2 Young man dies on B645 near St Neots following a head-on crash
- 3 House set alight in Brampton
- 4 Tributes for Godmanchester mum Lisa Leader who passed away on Friday
- 5 Businesswoman who launched popular St Ives shop has died
- 6 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 7 Local businesses join forces to create a Christmas Beer
- 8 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 9 Sawtry homes plan is approved
- 10 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000