Atlanta or bust
ST Neots dancers will perform in an Olympic stadium when they represent the UK in an international festival in America later this year. Langdale Dance Academy, based in Eaton Socon, is sending 20 students to Atlanta on September 21 to compete in Project D
ST Neots dancers will perform in an Olympic stadium when they represent the UK in an international festival in America later this year.
Langdale Dance Academy, based in Eaton Socon, is sending 20 students to Atlanta on September 21 to compete in Project Dance.
The youngsters, aged between eight and 23, will dance alongside students from China, France, USA and Germany and work with professional Broadway dancers.
Academy founder Tom Langdale said: "It is an enormous three-day event and the students will be working with some very talented performers. This is the biggest thing the dance school has been involved in and we are very excited."
You may also want to watch:
The school will perform routines which include jazz, hip hop, R 'n' B and a ballet piece inspired by the impact of terrorism. They were invited to dance in the event after they impressed judges on their audition tape.
However, the academy needs to raise £15,000 to make the journey across the Atlantic and has planned numerous fundraising events, including a fete at Bushmead School.
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 Drug dealer who 'exploited vulnerable people' linked to 101 wraps of cocaine
- 3 Man in his 80s dies in fatal Buckden Road crash at Brampton
- 4 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 5 Fundraisers hit £400,000 milestone after month of charity challenges
- 6 Wanted woman accused of killing children in M1 crash could be in Huntingdon
- 7 Concerns over planned travel hub at railway station
- 8 Computing pioneer Sir Clive Sinclair who had links to St Ives dies aged 81
- 9 Spuds in a bucket competition at the gardening club
- 10 Awards for firm celebrating 10th anniversary
Tom added: "Although we have to raise £15,000, it is achievable and we hope the people of St Neots will support us as we will be representing the town as much as the country."
Anyone wishing to sponsor the academy can phone Tom on 01480 394047.