Atlanta or bust
ST Neots dancers will perform in an Olympic stadium when they represent the UK in an international festival in America later this year. Langdale Dance Academy, based in Eaton Socon, is sending 20 students to Atlanta on September 21 to compete in Project D
ST Neots dancers will perform in an Olympic stadium when they represent the UK in an international festival in America later this year.
Langdale Dance Academy, based in Eaton Socon, is sending 20 students to Atlanta on September 21 to compete in Project Dance.
The youngsters, aged between eight and 23, will dance alongside students from China, France, USA and Germany and work with professional Broadway dancers.
Academy founder Tom Langdale said: "It is an enormous three-day event and the students will be working with some very talented performers. This is the biggest thing the dance school has been involved in and we are very excited."
The school will perform routines which include jazz, hip hop, R 'n' B and a ballet piece inspired by the impact of terrorism. They were invited to dance in the event after they impressed judges on their audition tape.
However, the academy needs to raise £15,000 to make the journey across the Atlantic and has planned numerous fundraising events, including a fete at Bushmead School.
- 1 Planning proposal for a new café to be reviewed by St Neots Town Council
- 2 No water relief for depleted rivers and reservoirs with another heatwave forecast
- 3 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 4 Family pay tribute to 'hard worker' father killed in A14 crash
- 5 Joyce proudly shows off her 100th birthday card from the Queen
- 6 Fire safety warning as Met Office warns second heatwave on way
- 7 Little Gransden Air and Car Show to celebrate 30 years of fundraising for children in need
- 8 War-time crash crew take on street names in Godmanchester
- 9 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 10 Little Gransden woman in line for prestigious national award
Tom added: "Although we have to raise £15,000, it is achievable and we hope the people of St Neots will support us as we will be representing the town as much as the country."
Anyone wishing to sponsor the academy can phone Tom on 01480 394047.