Arty Thomas impresses judges
A pupil at Stukeley Meadows Primary School, in Huntingdon, has impressed a TV channel with his animation skills after being picked as a winner out of about 45,000 entries. Thomas Coupland, now seven, of Stukeley Road, entered the national competition, ca
A pupil at Stukeley Meadows Primary School, in Huntingdon, has impressed a TV channel with his animation skills after being picked as a winner out of about 45,000 entries.
Thomas Coupland, now seven, of Stukeley Road, entered the national competition, called Draw-A-Toon, run by the children's television channel Cartoon Network, and was one of 12 winners.
As part of his prize, Thomas had his winning artwork blown up and put on the side of a van which visited Stukeley Meadows Primary School last week.
All of Thomas's schoolfriends were given a chance to see his winning artwork before the van took to the streets of Huntingdon.
You may also want to watch:
Thomas also received a Cartoon Network certificate and a drawing set.
His father, Ben, said: "Thomas did very well to be placed out of so many entries. He likes drawing and likes watching Cartoon Network."
- 1 Pubs with outdoor seating and details of how to book a table, from April 12
- 2 Man who drove at runner before crashing is disqualified
- 3 Ancient church and former airfield are historical features of Graveley village
- 4 Tributes paid to Prince Philip from across Huntingdonshire
- 5 Village bonded during pandemic and community began stronger
- 6 What are the rules when pubs reopen on April 12
- 7 Town rangers are the friendly face of the High Street
- 8 Highways England agreed to meet A14 campaigners at site of 'dangerous junctions'
- 9 New shop opening in St Ives as lock-down eases on April 12
- 10 Students in Ramsey complete 180,874 minutes of exercise for school challenge
Children were invited to send in their drawings or go online, as Thomas did, and create an animated scene. Thomas was one of the online animation winners.
Thomas Coupland with his winning drawing on the side of the van.