Arson attacks in St Ives
A Renault Laguna was left seriously damaged after a series of arson attacks in St Ives. Five arsons have taken place in the Constable Road area of the town in November and December. The most recent fire was started at 10pm on Tuesday, December 23 in Hog
A Renault Laguna was left seriously damaged after a series of arson attacks in St Ives.
Five arsons have taken place in the Constable Road area of the town in November and December.
The most recent fire was started at 10pm on Tuesday, December 23 in Hogarth Close when a blue Renault Laguna was set alight and left seriously damaged.
A similar crime was reported in nearby Degas Drive on the same day, and others have taken place in Witham Close on Monday, December 15 and Monday, November 24. The contents of a garage in Witham Close were set alight on Monday, November 24.
Detective Constable Nicky Boxall, from the serious crime team at Huntingdon Police Station, said: "As these crimes have all taken place within such a small area I believe one person may be responsible.
"I would urge anyone with information to come forward and anyone who sees anything suspicious in the area to contact police immediately."
- 1 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 2 Eight Huntingdon children handed anti-social behaviour interventions
- 3 Two-day closure set for B661 between Great Staughton and Grafham Water
- 4 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 5 Meet the Sassy Lassies cycling group encouraging women in Huntingdonshire to ride
- 6 Suspected case of bird flu in swan reported to DEFRA
- 7 A "determined" Huntingdon man takes on Everest after a double lung transplant
- 8 Recap: Lorry and car crash at A141-A1307 junction in Huntingdon
- 9 New homes plan for Huntingdonshire village
- 10 Police check home of 101-year-old animal rights patron for stolen beagles
INFORMATION: Anyone with information is asked to contact DC Boxall on 0845 4564564 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.