Armed raiders strike at two village stores
ARMED robbers wearing balaclavas struck at two village shops last weekend, escaping with cash from the tills. The knifemen targeted two Costcutter shops in Huntingdonshire, one in Little Paxton and the other in Doddington. Detectives at Cambridgeshire Pol
ARMED robbers wearing balaclavas struck at two village shops last weekend, escaping with cash from the tills.
The knifemen targeted two Costcutter shops in Huntingdonshire, one in Little Paxton and the other in Doddington.
Detectives at Cambridgeshire Police have confirmed the incidents are linked.
The first happened on Friday at the Costcutter shop in Parkway, Little Paxton. Two men entered the store, which was only recently opened,
You may also want to watch:
at about 8pm.
They approached the counter where a man and woman were on duty. One of the men threatened the staff with a knife while the other forced open a door to get behind the counter. Police said the pair then stole money from the till.
- 1 Seven arrested after £70k-worth of bicycles stolen
- 2 St Ives beloved market returns to town centre
- 3 Fundraising day at St Neots pub
- 4 Village job club providing vital service
- 5 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 6 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 7 What are the outstanding primary schools in Huntingdonshire?
- 8 New programme of events for Commemoration Hall
- 9 Benefits cut will leave Hunts families 'in debt', warns charity
- 10 Health chief’s stark warning: ‘The virus doesn’t care we changed the rules’
No-one was injured during the incident.
Both men were described as wearing hooded jumpers and balaclavas. They escaped from Little Paxton in a waiting vehicle.
The second robbery took place at 7.45pm the following day at the Costcutter shop in High Street, Doddington.
Again the two men entered the shop and one threatened a member of staff, who is in his 40s, with a knife, demanded he open the till and stole money.
A getaway vehicle was again waiting for the men.
Police said in total the men stole several hundred pounds.
The two suspects were described as of medium build, about 6ft tall and wearing balaclavas.
INFORMATION: Anyone with information is asked to contact DI Craig Harrison at Huntingdon police station on 0845 4564564 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.