Armed raiders strike at two village stores
ARMED robbers wearing balaclavas struck at two village shops last weekend, escaping with cash from the tills. The knifemen targeted two Costcutter shops in Huntingdonshire, one in Little Paxton and the other in Doddington. Detectives at Cambridgeshire Pol
ARMED robbers wearing balaclavas struck at two village shops last weekend, escaping with cash from the tills.
The knifemen targeted two Costcutter shops in Huntingdonshire, one in Little Paxton and the other in Doddington.
Detectives at Cambridgeshire Police have confirmed the incidents are linked.
The first happened on Friday at the Costcutter shop in Parkway, Little Paxton. Two men entered the store, which was only recently opened,
You may also want to watch:
at about 8pm.
They approached the counter where a man and woman were on duty. One of the men threatened the staff with a knife while the other forced open a door to get behind the counter. Police said the pair then stole money from the till.
- 1 Shops, homes and office space plan for town centre building
- 2 St Neots man banned from pubs for two years
- 3 St Neots care assistant Jack set to shine in BBC Three's Glow Up
- 4 Man who died in road crash is named
- 5 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 6 Ventriloquist shares career highlights after retiring in Huntingdon
- 7 Memories of St Neots' town centre
- 8 Fish and Chip shop wins award
- 9 For sale: Spacious two bedroom bungalow with generous plots in Hartford
- 10 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
No-one was injured during the incident.
Both men were described as wearing hooded jumpers and balaclavas. They escaped from Little Paxton in a waiting vehicle.
The second robbery took place at 7.45pm the following day at the Costcutter shop in High Street, Doddington.
Again the two men entered the shop and one threatened a member of staff, who is in his 40s, with a knife, demanded he open the till and stole money.
A getaway vehicle was again waiting for the men.
Police said in total the men stole several hundred pounds.
The two suspects were described as of medium build, about 6ft tall and wearing balaclavas.
INFORMATION: Anyone with information is asked to contact DI Craig Harrison at Huntingdon police station on 0845 4564564 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.