Are we in for an expensive defeat in busway row?
FORGIVE my incredulity, but wasn’t it only months ago that the county council was assuring ratepayers that BAM Nuttall was on a hiding to nothing in the court over the �90million worth of overrun costs and interest?
Reading between the lines (Guided busway bill ‘could cost council millions of pounds’, Hunts Post, October 19), it now seems that the council is getting rather jittery and preparing the public for a very expensive defeat.
Meanwhile as [the council] starts in-fighting, BAM Nuttall remains calmly tight-lipped –presumably confident in its contractual position.
I wonder, is the brown stuff about to hit the whirly thing on the ceiling.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 St Neots man banned from pubs for two years
- 2 Shops, homes and office space plan for town centre building
- 3 Man who died in road crash is named
- 4 Brampton Post Office customers say fond farewell to postmaster
- 5 Organic Hunts beauty company Bossy Glossy gets celebrity support
- 6 Fish and Chip shop wins award
- 7 St Neots care assistant Jack set to shine in BBC Three's Glow Up
- 8 Ventriloquist shares career highlights after retiring in Huntingdon
- 9 Homes plan will 'breathe new life' into town
- 10 Memories of St Neots' town centre