Are we in for an expensive defeat in busway row?
FORGIVE my incredulity, but wasn’t it only months ago that the county council was assuring ratepayers that BAM Nuttall was on a hiding to nothing in the court over the �90million worth of overrun costs and interest?
Reading between the lines (Guided busway bill ‘could cost council millions of pounds’, Hunts Post, October 19), it now seems that the council is getting rather jittery and preparing the public for a very expensive defeat.
Meanwhile as [the council] starts in-fighting, BAM Nuttall remains calmly tight-lipped –presumably confident in its contractual position.
I wonder, is the brown stuff about to hit the whirly thing on the ceiling.
- 1 Oliver Cromwell pub has had a brand new refurbishment
- 2 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 3 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 4 Family pay tribute to woman who died following St Ives crash
- 5 Garages to to be replaced by affordable housing
- 6 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 7 St Ives Town Mayor visits The Filling Station and tries new Christmas Beer
- 8 A look at how people prepared for Christmas in the last 100 years
- 9 Woman dies in crash on London Road in St Ives
- 10 Huntingdon Racecourse - surviving the pandemic and then came the floods!