Are we in for an expensive defeat in busway row?
FORGIVE my incredulity, but wasn’t it only months ago that the county council was assuring ratepayers that BAM Nuttall was on a hiding to nothing in the court over the �90million worth of overrun costs and interest?
Reading between the lines (Guided busway bill ‘could cost council millions of pounds’, Hunts Post, October 19), it now seems that the council is getting rather jittery and preparing the public for a very expensive defeat.
Meanwhile as [the council] starts in-fighting, BAM Nuttall remains calmly tight-lipped –presumably confident in its contractual position.
I wonder, is the brown stuff about to hit the whirly thing on the ceiling.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 2 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
- 3 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton
- 4 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 5 St Ives woman who sold ecstasy to school children avoids jail
- 6 First post-lockdown Parkrun in St Neots held in memory of four runners
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots
- 9 Roman millstone with 2,000-year-old engraving of penis to go on display
- 10 New plans on the horizon for Black Cat Radio