Are proposals a waste of time?
NIGEL Finney states (Hunts Post, August 6): Plans have not yet been drawn up to confirm the details of the development, such as the number and types of homes. Why then did the affected residents receive three detailed option plans for consultation? If t
NIGEL Finney states (Hunts Post, August 6): "Plans have not yet been drawn up to confirm the details of the development, such as the number and types of homes."
Why then did the affected residents receive three detailed option plans for consultation? If these plans are not accurate it smacks of scaremongering.
How much time has been wasted? Will Luminus now bring out their revised options, giving us too little time to respond before planning goes in for September/October?
Mr Finney also stated: "No reduction in parking". This is all very well, but we need more parking and the green spaces do not need to be of a higher quality.
You may also want to watch:
Children need play space not a 'pretty garden', which will be ruined in no time by football games. All they need is a feasibly sized grassed area, away from elderly people's properties, not adjacent, as in the plans we received, purported by Luminus not yet to have been drawn up.
Copies of these plans can be seen on www.pbase.com/joannes/whaddons along with some pictures of how this area looks now and a link to our petition letter.
- 1 Landmark A14 viaduct demolition is captured on camera
- 2 St Neots Covid vaccination centre is on the move
- 3 Colourful benches have been placed in St Neots
- 4 Body discovered in Hartford believed to be missing Nathan
- 5 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 6 Car crashes into safety barriers as driver flees scene
- 7 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 8 Burglars used paving slabs and sledge hammers to smash into homes
- 9 Paedophile offered 'naked massages' to undercover police officer
- 10 Buckle hits half-century but Hunts boys fall to Northants defeat