I WOULD like to thank all those involved in supporting the Poppy Appeal this year, the total of which is a magnificent £15,328.17 – an increase of 35 per cent on 2006. This would not have been possible without the help of three lovely gentleman who assist
I WOULD like to thank all those involved in supporting the Poppy Appeal this year, the total of which is a magnificent £15,328.17 - an increase of 35 per cent on 2006.
This would not have been possible without the help of three lovely gentleman who assisted with the distribution of the boxes to local businesses, the fabulous support of the two major supermarkets which allowed our collectors inside access during the appeal, the collectors who turn out every year, whatever the weather, and those new collectors from RAF Brampton that made such a difference collecting in their uniforms.
It was good to see so many poppies on so many people.
I am most grateful for all the support from so many local people for this worthy cause that enables the Royal British Legion to continue to help and support all those in the serving and ex-service community including their dependants. All funds donated to the Poppy Appeal are used to fund our welfare work.
You may also want to watch:
JUDITH ARMSTRONG, Huntingdon Poppy Appeal Organiser
- 1 ‘The most glamorous christening the vicar had ever seen!’
- 2 Concerns over planned travel hub at railway station
- 3 Parking spaces so narrow that driver had to climb out the boot!
- 4 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 5 Have you seen Stevie the horse?
- 6 Petition launched to save school transport for special needs schools
- 7 Drug dealer who 'exploited vulnerable people' linked to 101 wraps of cocaine
- 8 Man in his 80s dies in fatal Buckden Road crash at Brampton
- 9 Plea to hold a Macmillan Coffee Morning as sign-ups drop
- 10 Back after Zoom meetings and in fine voice