I WOULD like to thank all those involved in supporting the Poppy Appeal this year, the total of which is a magnificent £15,328.17 – an increase of 35 per cent on 2006. This would not have been possible without the help of three lovely gentleman who assist
I WOULD like to thank all those involved in supporting the Poppy Appeal this year, the total of which is a magnificent £15,328.17 - an increase of 35 per cent on 2006.
This would not have been possible without the help of three lovely gentleman who assisted with the distribution of the boxes to local businesses, the fabulous support of the two major supermarkets which allowed our collectors inside access during the appeal, the collectors who turn out every year, whatever the weather, and those new collectors from RAF Brampton that made such a difference collecting in their uniforms.
It was good to see so many poppies on so many people.
I am most grateful for all the support from so many local people for this worthy cause that enables the Royal British Legion to continue to help and support all those in the serving and ex-service community including their dependants. All funds donated to the Poppy Appeal are used to fund our welfare work.
You may also want to watch:
JUDITH ARMSTRONG, Huntingdon Poppy Appeal Organiser
- 1 New garden village on outskirts of St Neots will bring 10,000 homes
- 2 Police move in to close house after reports of anti-social behaviour
- 3 Notice served to remove travellers from school site
- 4 Jail for man who stole more than £25,000 from company
- 5 Man named following fatal collision near Bluntisham
- 6 Mum's donation to thank 'incredible' midwives and maternity staff
- 7 Check out our photo gallery of cute family pets
- 8 Vaccine centres offering earlier second dose AstraZeneca
- 9 Almost 100 'sexual and violent crimes' recorded in two of our towns in one month
- 10 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl