Appeal nears the £2m finishing line
THE Saxongate Appeal to raise £2million for the community learning centre in Huntingdon is just £134,000 short of its target. The rest of the money has been raised since the appeal was launched in The Hunts Post last June. The project, which includes flat
THE Saxongate Appeal to raise £2million for the community learning centre in Huntingdon is just £134,000 short of its target.
The rest of the money has been raised since the appeal was launched in The Hunts Post last June.
The project, which includes flats for people with disabilities, and public spaces available for anyone in the community, is the brainchild of the Papworth Trust.
The charity has a series of events this summer designed to raise the rest of the cash.
On Sunday, July 2, runners are wanted to join Papworth Trust's team in the British 10K run in London.
There is no minimum sponsorship for runners. Last year, the run raised £5,000 and organisers hope to beat that total.
- 1 Outdoor inflatable water park returns to Huntingdonshire
- 2 Jail for man who boasted he was the St Ives 'weed man'
- 3 Woman has 'medical episode' during A1(M) crash
- 4 13-year-old helped to rescue distressed paddleboarders
- 5 Huntingdon and Peterborough hospitals bring back masks after rise in Covid numbers
- 6 Thousands come together at RAF Wyton for Armed Forces Day
- 7 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 8 Man fined £300 after being linked to fly-tipping
- 9 John Major's 'bad luck' comment is 'absolutely disgraceful' says son of victim
- 10 Two-day closure set for B661 between Great Staughton and Grafham Water
On Monday, July 3, teams are wanted to play in a charity event at Brampton Park Golf Club.
Entry is £300 for a team of four and there are places for 22 teams.
As well as 18 holes of golf, the day will include breakfast, a buffet meal, a prizegiving and a charity auction with lots including a year's membership at Brampton Park.
On Monday, August 28 - Bank Holiday Monday - there will be the Campbell Buchanan Race Day at Huntingdon racecourse, in Brampton, in support of the Saxongate centre.
There is a special offer on pre-booked tickets of £12 each (they will be £16 on the day), with £2 from every ticket pre-sold going towards the Saxongate Appeal.
To ensure the Saxongate Appeal benefits you must quote code PAP06 when you book. Book by calling Huntingdon racecourse on 01480 453373 or visit its website www.huntingdon-racecourse.co.uk
INFORMATION: For full details about any of the events, contact Mandy Barker at the Papworth
Trust on 01480 357257 or you can e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org