Apathy meant the end of the back to work course
LIKE so many other people I recently became unemployed and was pleasantly surprised to get a flyer through my door advertising a free Jobs Lost and Found course offered by Longsands College. It would cover topics such as preparing for redundancy, CV wr
LIKE so many other people I recently became unemployed and was pleasantly surprised to get a flyer through my door advertising a free 'Jobs Lost and Found' course offered by Longsands College.
It would cover topics such as preparing for redundancy, CV writing, interview skills. A few days before the course started I was notified that it had been cancelled due to a lack of interest (only two people were booked on the course).
With 2.5million people unemployed, why was this course not overrun by requests?
I attend the Jobcentre every second week and listen to people moaning about how the Government doesn't support them and how hard it is to find work.
You may also want to watch:
Well, obviously they're not as keen to work as they claim else they would be at the course with me.
Why should my taxes be used to support people on the dole who refuse to help themselves?
- 1 Pubs with outdoor seating and details of how to book a table, from April 12
- 2 Village was location of rail disaster and hosted music festival for many years
- 3 Ancient church and former airfield are historical features of Graveley village
- 4 Man who drove at runner before crashing is disqualified
- 5 Village bonded during pandemic and community began stronger
- 6 Bandstand in Huntingdon lit up for Prince Philip as district pays tribute to 'dedicated' royal consort
- 7 Former Huntingdon MP, Sir John Major, talks about how the Queen will cope without the Duke at her side
- 8 Vegetable collections and hand sanitiser production was village's response to pandemic
- 9 What are the rules when pubs reopen on April 12
- 10 Highways England agreed to meet A14 campaigners at site of 'dangerous junctions'
Did the Jobcentre even know about this course and, if so, why don't they force people to show up or cut off their benefits?