Another month of disruption on ring road
USERS of Huntingdon ring road face another month of disruption before £1.3million work to provide a contraflow bus lane in Walden Road is finished. County council engineers say the new facility between George Street and the bus station will save up to 10
USERS of Huntingdon ring road face another month of disruption before £1.3million work to provide a contraflow bus lane in Walden Road is finished.
County council engineers say the new facility between George Street and the bus station will save up to 10 minutes on bus journeys that no longer need an almost full circuit of the ring road.
Next week will see further re-surfacing work and a start to surfacing of the bus lane and footways. On Wednesday, traffic intending to go straight on from George Street East to George Street West will have to complete a full circuit of the ring road to achieve the manoeuvre.
The off-peak work (9.30am-3.30pm) will involve a lane closure and stop/go boards.
Skidding resistance will be laid at the approaches to pedestrian crossings during the following week (starting Monday June 11), involving further lane closures and stop/go boards between the peak times.
Off-peak white lining work, which will take three days from Monday June 18 - weather permitting - will involve further lane closures.
- 1 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 2 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 3 Fire Crews called to a blaze that started in a flat in St Ives
- 4 St Ives man undergoes pioneering heart treatment
- 5 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 6 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 7 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 8 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 9 Hundreds gather to see Santa on The Quay in St Ives
- 10 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
Cambridgeshire County Council says its contractors are on track to finish the job by the end of the month.