Another month of disruption on ring road
USERS of Huntingdon ring road face another month of disruption before £1.3million work to provide a contraflow bus lane in Walden Road is finished. County council engineers say the new facility between George Street and the bus station will save up to 10
USERS of Huntingdon ring road face another month of disruption before £1.3million work to provide a contraflow bus lane in Walden Road is finished.
County council engineers say the new facility between George Street and the bus station will save up to 10 minutes on bus journeys that no longer need an almost full circuit of the ring road.
Next week will see further re-surfacing work and a start to surfacing of the bus lane and footways. On Wednesday, traffic intending to go straight on from George Street East to George Street West will have to complete a full circuit of the ring road to achieve the manoeuvre.
The off-peak work (9.30am-3.30pm) will involve a lane closure and stop/go boards.
You may also want to watch:
Skidding resistance will be laid at the approaches to pedestrian crossings during the following week (starting Monday June 11), involving further lane closures and stop/go boards between the peak times.
Off-peak white lining work, which will take three days from Monday June 18 - weather permitting - will involve further lane closures.
- 1 Landmark A14 viaduct demolition is captured on camera
- 2 St Neots Covid vaccination centre is on the move
- 3 Colourful benches have been placed in St Neots
- 4 Body discovered in Hartford believed to be missing Nathan
- 5 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 6 Car crashes into safety barriers as driver flees scene
- 7 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 8 Buckle hits half-century but Hunts boys fall to Northants defeat
- 9 Burglars used paving slabs and sledge hammers to smash into homes
- 10 Paedophile offered 'naked massages' to undercover police officer
Cambridgeshire County Council says its contractors are on track to finish the job by the end of the month.