Another court battle between Cambridgeshire County Council and BAM Nuttall expected as three defects found on guided busway
- Credit: Archant
Cambridgeshire County Council is expected to take guided busway contractors BAM Nuttall to court over three defects.
Cambridgeshire County Council is expected to take guided busway contractors BAM Nuttall to court over three serious defects.
The council’s cabinet will discuss at its April 15 meeting three faults - gaps between guideway beams, drainage in some areas and problems with support shims - that have arisen since the busway has been in use.
County council leader Councillor Martin Curtis said: “We are determined that the success of the busway will be maintained. As with all major engineering schemes we are keeping a close eye on the performance of the structure to ensure it meets the standards demanded during construction and to identify any repair or maintenance work outside of what could have reasonably been expected when the track was built.
“It is right and proper that any faults which are the responsibility of BAM Nuttall are put right at no cost to Cambridgeshire taxpayers and if professional experts find unexpected or additional repair or maintenance work is necessary we shall seek to recover the full cost of that work from BAM – even if that means taking further legal action.
You may also want to watch:
“The proposals which will be discussed by Cabinet are designed to keep the pressure on BAM to ensure that they meet the required requirements of the original construction contract.”
- 1 WATCH: One minute silence to honour the Duke
- 2 Letter of the Week: Brexit gain for food bank!
- 3 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 4 Hunts Post Reader Photos for this week
- 5 Concerns raised about increase in lorries if plan goes ahead
- 6 Woman who died in fatal crash in Eaton Ford has been named
- 7 New emergency facilities open at Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 8 Domestic abuse survivor speaks out on 'reign of terror'
- 9 New griddle restaurant opens in St Neots
- 10 Do you remember the old cinemas in Huntingdonshire?