And the quest is history...
A PRIZE of £500 is up for grabs in a charity treasure quest being launched by the Mayor of Huntingdon, Councillor Jennifer Sarabia, on Monday. The quest is based on the history of Huntingdon and marks the anniversary of Oliver Cromwell s death and the st
A PRIZE of £500 is up for grabs in a charity treasure quest being launched by the Mayor of Huntingdon, Councillor Jennifer Sarabia, on Monday.
The quest is based on the history of Huntingdon and marks the anniversary of Oliver Cromwell's death and the start of the Second World War in Britain.
Treasure hunters will tackle clues in six separate sections, each costing £5 or £20 for the lot. A new one will be released every two weeks.
Cllr Sarabia said: "The purpose of the treasure quest is to help promote the town, encourage people to be more aware of their surroundings and raise funds for the charity."
Each section has a £75 prize for the winner. Anyone who enters all six sections will be entered into the grand draw with a chance of winning £500.
INFORMATION: Quests are available only from Huntingdon Town Council offices, telephone 01480 388688, The Medway Centre, Huntingdon (01480 388677), Krafty Kats, High Street, Huntingdon (01480 457704), Simply Music, Chequers Court, Huntingdon, (01480 431222), and The Card Gallery, 109 High Street, Huntingdon (01480 457873).
- 1 Tributes for Godmanchester mum Lisa Leader who passed away on Friday
- 2 Young man dies on B645 near St Neots following a head-on crash
- 3 Businesswoman who launched popular St Ives shop has died
- 4 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 5 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 6 The Real Pie Company has opened in Huntingdon
- 7 Ex-wife of killer Colin Hill shares rape ordeal more than 30 years on
- 8 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 9 Overwhelming response to MND charity walk
- 10 Health chiefs call for action amid rise in sexually transmitted infections