An easy target
LAST week s Hunts Post front page was headlined Stop or face jail and described how four men could face jail for daring to park 20 caravans on the land they own. The Hunts Post over the past few years has been among the local newspapers that seem to be ca
LAST week's Hunts Post front page was headlined Stop or face jail and described how four men could face jail for daring to park 20 caravans on the land they own.
The Hunts Post over the past few years has been among the local newspapers that seem to be campaigning against travellers and Gypsies who apply for the right to live on their own land.
Of course, the press also attacks people who try to park on land not their own.
Councils are required to provide pitches for travellers and Gypsies by 2011.
You may also want to watch:
So it is about time Cambridgeshire County Council and Huntingdonshire District Council started to give planning permission to travellers and Gypsies as most of the vacant lands will be sold off to Church Manor Estates or HHP/Luminus.
Instead of supporting travellers' and Gypsies' rights in providing suitable pitches for caravans, and young couples with homes, The Hunts Post would rather scare people as travellers and Gypsies are an easy target.
- 1 Delays in Hartford due to crash between cyclist and motorist
- 2 Parking spaces so narrow that driver had to climb out the boot!
- 3 ‘The most glamorous christening the vicar had ever seen!’
- 4 Have you seen Stevie the horse?
- 5 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
- 6 Concerns over planned travel hub at railway station
- 7 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 8 Petition launched to save school transport for special needs schools
- 9 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 10 Council launches food waste initiative