Ambulance chiefs urge people to drink responsibly on New Year's Eve
AMBULANCE chiefs are calling on party-goers to keep themselves safe on New Year s Eve by drinking responsibly. The East of England Ambulance Service is urging people to avoid drinking alcohol on an empty stomach, make sure you drink slowly and plan in ad
AMBULANCE chiefs are calling on party-goers to keep themselves safe on New Year's Eve by drinking responsibly.
The East of England Ambulance Service is urging people to avoid drinking alcohol on an empty stomach, make sure you drink slowly and plan in advance how you will get home.
Hayden Newton, chief executive of the East of England Ambulance Service said: "Historically the night of New Year's Eve and the early morning of New Year's Day have comprised some of the busiest hours of the year for the ambulance service.
"This year we are asking people to take care of themselves as they celebrate. We all know that too much alcohol can lead to illness and injury. Drinking can also be a factor in assaults and can lead to serious road traffic collisions when someone decides to drive after drinking. Unfortunately, we see these kinds of incidents every year.
You may also want to watch:
"Of course we want people to enjoy themselves - please just do it responsibly. If you plan to drink, leave your car keys at home and take a moment to plan how you will end your evening. It's a good idea to pre-book a taxi for your journey home."
INFORMATION: For further information about enjoying alcohol safely, visit http://www.nhs.uk/LiveWell/Alcohol/Pages/Alcoholhome.aspx
- 1 St Neots rapist jailed for 11 years
- 2 Suspected firearm and drugs found in raid on Huntingdon house
- 3 New Post Office branch opens in St Neots
- 4 Woman killed and four hospitalised after crash
- 5 'Unprecedented crisis’ over school bus drivers
- 6 Motorists urged not to 'panic buy' fuel as queues cause chaos across Hunts
- 7 Eric Morecambe 'amused guests' when his family owned this St Ives hotel
- 8 Old Mill upgrade at Godmanchester is suspended through lack of materials
- 9 Brampton butchers win awards for delicious pies and sausages
- 10 Hare coursers handed Criminal Behaviour Orders
Picture: EAST OF ENGLAND AMBULANCE SERVICE.