ALMOST FAMOUS SONG COMPETITION
Song: Knew It Was Love performed by Relative Songwriters: Mark Hehir, Kevin Shepherd, Steven Hehir, Neil Driver THIS fun track – the latest entry for the Almost Famous Song Competition – kicks off with a bright guitar strum that casts my mind to the bree
Song: Knew It Was Love
performed by Relative
Songwriters: Mark Hehir, Kevin Shepherd, Steven Hehir, Neil Driver
THIS fun track - the latest entry for the Almost Famous Song Competition - kicks off with a bright guitar strum that casts my mind to the breezy acoustic riffs of Paul Weller and Johnny Marr. However, it's no brooding indie anthem, instead it bounces, happily, wittily along. Something about the feel reminds me of The Bluebells' Young At Heart - it's nostalgic yet upbeat, with a very catchy chorus and a light-hearted feel.
You may also want to watch:
It's very well constructed and catches your attention right away. It's not profound, nor does it try to be, but it's well written and very enjoyable.
Catch the band in St Ives at the Seven Wives pub on April 4 and at Floods Tavern on April 11.
- 1 Not one, but possibly two viaducts for St Neots!
- 2 Drink-drive arrest after crash in Huntingdon
- 3 Paedophile exposed in undercover police operation
- 4 Huntingdon drug dealer jailed after police find messages on his phone
- 5 Metro is off the cards says new mayor Dr Nik Johnson
- 6 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 7 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Police warning after spate of thefts from cars in Warboys
- 10 Strictly favourites Anton and Giovanni set for star-studded show
* WRITE a song for Almost Famous and you could win rehearsal time at the Studio Rooms in Wyton and recording time at Fast-Track studios in Wilburton to create a CD. Your song will be on a special promotional CD of the bands who make the shortlist.
There will be promotion for you in Almost Famous and on BBC Radio Cambridgeshire where the winner will be interviewed by Jeremy Sallis who presents The Audio Files on Thursday evenings from 6pm.
All entries will be made available to download on The Hunts Post website to help get your music heard by as many people as possible. The songs will stay on the site from when they reach us to when we announce the winner in the summer.
The competition is open to all Huntingdonshire songwriters. All band entries must have at least one member living in Huntingdonshire to qualify. The judges will be the Almost Famous team.
To enter, email an MP3 of your song to: email@example.com along with the following information:
* Name of song
* Full names of songwriters
* Name of band or artist performing
* Website address
* Telephone contact details
* Upcoming gig details
* Background information on the performers and writer, including where they live
* Photograph in sharp focus
*We also need your permission to play the song on our website.