Almost famous gig guide
Thursday HIGH Society – Gem nightclub, North Street, Peterborough, over 18s only, 8pm-2am, free entry, last entry at 1am. 01733 563300. Friday HIGH Mileage, five piece band – Lord Protector, Huntingdon, from 8.30pm. THE Goodges – The Anchor, Little Pax
HIGH Society - Gem nightclub, North Street, Peterborough, over 18s only, 8pm-2am, free entry, last entry at 1am. 01733 563300.
HIGH Mileage, five piece band - Lord Protector, Huntingdon, from 8.30pm.
THE Goodges - The Anchor, Little Paxton, 9pm.
THE Hinchingbrooke Bosendorfer Piano Concerts featuring Roy Howat - Hinchingbrooke Performing Arts Centre, Huntingdon, 7.30pm, £8 or £5 for pupils. 01480 375678.
- 1 Planning proposal for a new café to be reviewed by St Neots Town Council
- 2 Police called to reports of violence in Huntingdon
- 3 Fire safety warning as Met Office warns second heatwave on way
- 4 No water relief for depleted rivers and reservoirs with another heatwave forecast
- 5 Ramsey students crowned winners in science competition
- 6 Home of the Week
- 7 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 8 Family pay tribute to 'hard worker' father killed in A14 crash
- 9 Dancers Jive, tango and have fun at the Illumination Dance Masquerade Ball
- 10 Joyce proudly shows off her 100th birthday card from the Queen
JOE Public - Warboys Sports and Social Club, 8.30pm, £2.50 for non-members or £1.50 for members.
THE Guv'nors - The George and Dragon, Eaton Socon, from 8.30pm.
THE Pigs, rock and blues band - The Merry Boys, Eynesbury, from 8.30pm.
SOUL Sisters - The Anchor, Little Paxton, 9pm.
JAZZ Wave - The Lord Protector, Huntingdon, from 8.30pm.
A CONCERT by the St Neots Sinfonia conducted by Reginald Searle - Eaton Socon Parish Church, Great North Road, Eaton Socon, 7.30pm, £8 on the door.
LIVE music - The Territorial, Huntingdon, over-18s only, no entry after 10.30pm.
MATT Harvey singer/guitarist - Floods Tavern, St Ives, from 8pm-11pm. 01480 467773.
COSY COSY - CB2,Norfolk Street Cambridge, acoustic set. With three other bands: Super 8, AC Mars and Jordan Hacan Ramone. £4, 8.30pm.
BOY and the Latin Section - Junction Shed Theatre, Clifton Way, Cambridge, 8.30pm, £15-£8. 01223 511511.
NARROW Daylight - The Samuel Pepys, Huntingdon, 1.30pm-3.30pm.
MATT Harvey - Floods Tavern, St Ives, from 2.30pm-5pm.
JAM Night - Hare and Hounds, Eynesbury, 8pm.
LUNCHTIME live music in the lounge from 2pm-5pm with solo rock singer Mickey Flynn. In the evening, the Sunday sessions with local DJs and guests. The Lord Protector, Huntingdon. 01480 454720.
CONCERT by the Chapel Choir of Rikkyo University, Tokyo - St Mary the Virgin Church, Godmanchester, 7.30pm, free entry.
ST Neots Folk Club meeting - The King's Head Hotel, South Street, St Neots. 8.15pm. 01234 376278.