Almost Famous Gig Guide
FRIDAY SPLIT Whiskers – The Manor House, Alconbury, 8pm. JOE Public – The George, Fenstanton, from 8.30pm. Or Wot! – The Rock, Cherry Hilton, from 9pm. GWILYM Simcock Trio at Cambridge Modern Jazz Club at Kettle s Yard Castle Street, Cambridge. 7.30pm,
SPLIT Whiskers - The Manor House, Alconbury, 8pm.
JOE Public - The George, Fenstanton, from 8.30pm.
Or Wot! - The Rock, Cherry Hilton, from 9pm.
You may also want to watch:
GWILYM Simcock Trio at Cambridge Modern Jazz Club at Kettle's Yard Castle Street, Cambridge. 7.30pm, £15/£12 CMJC members and students/£14 Arts Picture House members. £8 Student standby. www.cambridgejazz.org Box Office 01223 511511.
CHAS and Dave - Priory Centre, St Neots, 8pm, £16.50/£15. 01480 388922.
- 1 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 2 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 3 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 4 Delicious dessert shop 'Snik Snax' opens
- 5 Homebirths suspended at Hinchingbrooke Hospital due to staff shortages
- 6 Huntingdon dealer who stole from vulnerable man is jailed
- 7 Warning to Huntingdon residents about the legal use of e-scooters
- 8 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 9 Life sentence for Huntingdon paedophile who abused seven girls
- 10 Road closure in Huntingdon over weekend of July 31
HIGH Mileage - Market Inn, Huntingdon, from 8pm.
CAMBRIDGE Chorale Sings Messiah - Great St Mary's University Church, Cambridge, 7pm. £19-£10. 01223 357851.
OR Wot! - The George and Dragon, Eaton Socon, from 8.45pm.
CHORAL and orchestral concert by St Neots Choral Society - St Mary's Church, Eaton Socon, 7.30pm, £10/£8. 01480 392322.
LIVE music at The Territorial, Huntingdon, over-18s, no entry after 10.30pm.
MATT Harvey singer/guitarist - Floods Tavern, Broadway, St Ives, 8pm-11pm. 01480 467773.
CONCERT with the New Cambridge Singers in aid of Amnesty International - St James Church, Hemingford Grey, 4pm, £7/£5 from the Fair Trade Shop in St Ives, The Card Gallery in Huntingdon or on the door.
VAN Goghs Ear - Nelsons Head, St Ives, 2.30pm-5.30pm.
MATT Harvey - Floods Tavern, St Ives, 2.30pm-5pm.
LUNCHTIME live music in the lounge. In the evening, the Sunday sessions with local DJs and guests. The Lord Protector, Huntingdon. 01480 454720.
THE Hope - Cromwells Bar Café, Huntingdon, from 8pm, free entry.
CONCERT by the Gentlemen of St John's - Abbey College, Ramsey, 7.30pm, £5 from Style, Ramsey or Lavender Blue Florists, Ramsey or by phoning 01487 824755.
ED Rennie - The St Neots Folk Club, The King's Head Hotel, South Street, St Neots. 8.15pm. £7/£6. 01234 376278.