Almost Famous Gig Guide
THURSDAY HARDAR Manor - The Elm Tree, Cambridge, from 8.30pm. 01223 363005. FREE concert by Hemingford Ladies Choir - Lady Chapel, Ely Cathedral, 1pm and 2pm. FRIDAY THE Ouse Valley Jazz Band with Angela as part of the Buckden Festival of Music 2007 i
HARDAR Manor - The Elm Tree, Cambridge, from 8.30pm. 01223 363005.
FREE concert by Hemingford Ladies Choir - Lady Chapel, Ely Cathedral, 1pm and 2pm.
THE Ouse Valley Jazz Band with Angela as part of the Buckden Festival of Music 2007 in aid of Buckden Living Stones Appeal - St Mary's Church, Buckden, 7.30pm. Tickets are £10-£8 and available from Top Banana or by phoning 01480 811608.
OR Wot! - Cherry Tree, Soham, from 9pm.
- 1 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 2 Two-day closure set for B661 between Great Staughton and Grafham Water
- 3 Eight Huntingdon children handed anti-social behaviour interventions
- 4 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 5 Meet the Sassy Lassies cycling group encouraging women in Huntingdonshire to ride
- 6 Suspected case of bird flu in swan reported to DEFRA
- 7 A "determined" Huntingdon man takes on Everest after a double lung transplant
- 8 Recap: Lorry and car crash at A141-A1307 junction in Huntingdon
- 9 New homes plan for Huntingdonshire village
- 10 Police check home of 101-year-old animal rights patron for stolen beagles
JUNCTION Fiver featuring Big 10, Naked Squid, The Cougars, Out of Nowhere and Singled Out - The Junction, Cambridge, 7pm, £5.
SMOOTH with R 'n' B and classic UK garage - Oliver's, Huntingdon, 10pm-2am, £4/£2.
SCOTT Brothers - The George and Dragon, Eaton Socon, from 9pm. 01480 211444.
THE Godges, rock duo - Market Inn, Huntingdon, from 9pm.
SIMPLY Dead - The Royal Oak, Warboys, from 9pm.
THE Winter Kings - The Loft, Cambridge, from 8pm.
DR A's Blues Consortium - Lord Protector, Huntingdon, from 8pm. 01480 454720.
LIVE music at The Territorial, Huntingdon. Over-18s. No entry after 10.30pm.
MATT Harvey singer/guitarist - Floods Tavern, Broadway, St Ives, from 8pm 01480 467773.
COSYCOSY, Kills The DJ and First Copy - The Barn, The Wrestlers, St Neots, 8pm. Over 18s only. £1.
THE Ultimate Party with chart, dance, old skool and R 'n' B - Oliver's, Huntingdon, 10pm-2am, £5/£2.
RUSHDEN Windmill Band - Riverside Park, Huntingdon, 2.30pm-4.30pm.
FREDDIE and Friends New Orleans Jazz Band - Riverside Park, St Neots, 2.30pm-4.30pm.
LUNCHTIME live music in the lounge with The Goodges 2pm-5pm. In the evening, the Sunday sessions with local DJs and guests. The Lord Protector, Huntingdon. 01480 454720.
SLIPT Whiskers - Nelson's Head, St Ives, 2.30pm-5.30pm.
MATT Harvey singer/guitarist - Floods Tavern, St Ives, 2.30pm-5pm.
SWINGING Sundays with the Andy Bowie Quartet - The Elm Tree, Cambridge, 8.30pm.
JAZZ Jam with Paul Stubbs - The Elm Tree, Cambridge, 9pm.
ST Neots Folk Club meeting - The King's Head Hotel, South Street, St Neots. 8.15pm. 01234 376278.