All the colour of the carnival
FRIENDS, Romans and pirates paraded through the streets of St Neots on Saturday as the crowds turned out to watch the town s 59th annual carnival. Surprisingly, for an August bank holiday weekend, the weather remained dry for the parade which included ca
FRIENDS, Romans and pirates paraded through the streets of St Neots on Saturday as the crowds turned out to watch the town's 59th annual carnival.
Surprisingly, for an August bank holiday weekend, the weather remained dry for the parade which included carnival floats from Corby, Milton Keynes and Wellingborough as well as clubs and groups closer to home.
Singers and dancers from Stageworks and The Langdale Dance Academy provided entertainment in the Market Square area before the carnival itself filled the streets with an array of music, decorated vehicles and brightly coloured costumes.
Jean Searle, chairman of the carnival committee, told The Hunts Post: "It was a brilliant carnival. A couple of thousand people watched the colourful floats as they made their way along the streets of St Neots.
You may also want to watch:
"We would like to thank everyone for their generous donations as we have raised almost £2,000 and the money is still flooding in."
Winners of the best club and society float was Boots and Buckles, the best children's float went to the Moir family, while the best trade float went to fancy dress hire shop Pepes in Huntingdon Street, St Neots.
- 1 St Neots man banned from pubs for two years
- 2 Man who died in road crash is named
- 3 Brampton Post Office customers say fond farewell to postmaster
- 4 Shops, homes and office space plan for town centre building
- 5 Organic Hunts beauty company Bossy Glossy gets celebrity support
- 6 Fish and Chip shop wins award
- 7 Free Covid testing kits now available at some pharmacies
- 8 St Neots care assistant Jack set to shine in BBC Three's Glow Up
- 9 Primary school earns Fairtrade status
- 10 Memories of St Neots' town centre
There was also a prize for four-week-old Katie Hall who was awarded best carnival baby.